Monday, March 8, 2010

Coming home…

Oh my, Sunday was a sad day.  We had to say goodbye to our wonderful little niche of the world.  Austin and I are so ready to go back again.  Anyway, I digress…

After leaving the hotel, we headed out to Saint Helens, Oregon.  Oh yes, more Twilight stops :)  This town cracked me up.  It was  a dump.  It was so fun to see the Twilight places, but at the same time some of them were hard to recognize  as they were in the movie.  My favorite place was Bella's house. 

Twilight-2

Dress Shop

Twilight-5

Restaurant that she eats dinner with Edward (still having a hard time seeing it..)

Twilight-7

Bookstore

Twilight-12

Parking lot that the men were harassing Bella

Twilight-13

View Point Inn where they shot the Prom scene.  Actually  a really beautiful place.  Has an awesome view, but forgot to take pictures.

Twilight-17

Twilight-19

Stopped to see the Latourell Waterfall after that.

Latourell Falls-4

After that we headed over to Bridal Veil Falls.  Really liked this waterfall.

Bridal Veil Falls-1

Bridal Veil Falls-8

We then stopped at our last place on our trip – Multnomah Falls.  AMAZING!  Honestly, the coolest waterfall I have ever seen.  You actually walk up the mountain to stand on that bridge.  From there, you can go another mile to stand at the very top of the falls, but Austin’s foot was hurting so we didn’t go.

Multnomah Falls-4

Multnomah Falls-7

Multnomah Falls-13

And that was our trip!  Hope you enjoyed the pictures.  It really was  a wonderful vacation :)

4 comments:

Katy said...

Thanks for taking us with you on your vacation... it was awesome!

i love all the sites you saw!!!

your photography is amazing, seriously so good!!!! i love the waterfall pics and the two of you and your hubby on the beach (previous post)... especially the one of you two holding hands with your backs to the camera... beautiful!

Heather said...

You are making me want to go to Oregon. I agree that picture of you and Austin is really cute. And I also agree that that town is a dump. Was there some kind of website that you found that told you about the different stops you could make?

Linley and Austin said...

Heather, I was actually just looking around on the internet about different Twilight addresses and this girl has been to all the places that they filmed the movie so I just emailed her and she emailed me back all the addresses. It was pretty sweet. Wow, just realized that was a HUGE sentence :)

The Bradys said...

So fun. I'm really wanting to plan a trip now:).