Friday, August 1, 2008

Happy 28th Birthday Austin!

Yesterday was Austin's birthday and I decided that I would be different for a change and not do the same boring things I do everytime it's his birthday. After he went to work, I made some Key Lime bars that he really likes. Kylie and I went to his work to eat lunch with him, and I surprised him with balloons and the Key Lime Bars. When I got back home I started working on getting the living room decorated for him. I was hoping it wouldn't look too circus like :) Then I made home made strawberry ice-cream and Magic Cookie Bars, because that's what he wanted instead of a cake. When Austin got home for work he helped me make Coxinhas. They're this Brazilian food that are really good. You make this dough out of potatoes and chicken broth. Then you cut out a small circle of the dough and you put this chicken filling inside. The filling consists of shredded chicken, tomatoes, garlic, onions, parsley and seasoning. Then you shape the dough around the filling and they kind of end up looking like the shape of a Hershey kiss. Then you roll it in bread crumbs and deep fry it. We also made pork burritos. I put a pork roast in the crock pot and poured a bottle of Dr. Pepper and added some brown sugar and seasoning and let it cook for like 7 hours. Howard and Wendy and Jordan and Ashley came over to eat dinner with us. It was soo good! It was fun to be together and celebrate Austin's birthday. After dinner he opened his presents. I was so excited to give him one of my presents because he's been talking about wanting one for a long time. I got him a hand held GPS that he can use to find caves or hiking trails or whatever he may need to find. I also got him some pants that zip off into shorts for when we go hiking, and the Indiana Jones DVD's. Ryan and Tiffini got him a remote control for his camera (which he loves! Thanks guys!) and his mom and dad got him a book and some different colored filters for his camera. Jordan and Ashley also gave him a book. All in all I think he made out alright! Austin, I just want you to know how much I love you and how grateful I am that your my husband. You mean the world to me and I'm so grateful for all that you do for our family. Love you!!!




His spoils :)

7 comments:

Tiffini said...

Happy Birfday Austino! The living room looks good Linley great job. Wish we were there.

Shelly said...

I will have to get those recipes from you, sounds so good. Hope Ausin had a great birthday.

Kalli said...

Happy Birthday Austin glad you had a good one and sounds like you need to make me some of those chicken things it sounds really fat and good :)

Tiffini said...

Linley I need that recipe too!! Ryan really wants it now that he's read your post lol THANKS :)

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday Aust! (again)
You hold a special place in our hearts because you are the poor little one we got to try out our mom and dad skills on. Thanks for your patience! We love you so much and are very proud of the husband, father and son that you are.
Love,
Mom and Dad

Semi Granola Mom said...

I didn't know you blogged! Right on! Sorry I am not the best v.t., I hope that you know if ever you need something you can totally call me :)
~Clerissa

( sorry I came upon your site from Deborah's, late night baby rocking turns one into a blog roller :) )

THE FAMILY OF OAK said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUSTIN!!!! I hope you had a great day, and by the looks of it...you did:)