Saturday, October 23, 2010

Pumpkin Carving

Last night we carved our pumpkins for Halloween.  This was the first year that Kylie seemed interested in wanting to help with her pumpkin, although she had NO interest in scooping out the pumpkin guts with her hands.  Come on, that’s like a kid’s dream come true isn’t it?  Playing with slimy orange stuff?  She chose a Mickey Mouse design and Austin helped her cut it out.  He used his Dremel tool for most of it.  I had my doubts, but that thing really did a great job at carving out the design.  Well, I guess it depended on who used it.  Austin was a pro at it.  Me…not so much.  It kept jumping around in the pumpkin and I was afraid of what it would do next :)  I chose Jack Skeleton from Nightmare Before Christmas.  Yes, it was a beginner level design, but I can’t for the life of me do intricate pumpkins.  That’s up Austin’s alley.  He did a wolf one and it looks amazing.  He pretty much did it all with his Dremel tool.  Anyway, it was a fun night and I was glad I was able to do it before the baby came, which by the way should be any day now.  I have 4 more days left until my due date.  My doctor is on vacation until Sunday, so Sierra can come any time after that :)  We are all so excited to see her.  I’m even more excited that we have everything ready for her too.  Well, I hope everyone has a great weekend.  Wish me luck this next week!

IMG_1297 IMG_1302 IMG_1304 IMG_1307

IMG_1313

IMG_1321copy

3 comments:

Semi Granola Mom said...

we carved pumpkins last night too! we meaning steve helped the kids while I chatted with my mom and sibs :D

GL this week ;)

~C

Heather said...

I love yours! And they all look great! I wish I was that talented. Even when I had a pattern i ended up cutting things to much and ended up giving my pumpkin a face lift.
We haven't carved pumpkins for this year (not yet, and not sure we will. It's a long story).
4 days?! My gosh right now I can't even fathom that. My little countown thing says 7 weeks 9 days still. I feel like this is never going to end. We have done nothing to get lyla's room ready. Nothing.

Jenelle said...

Those turned out great! Can't wait to meet the little lady soon!!!