Thursday, February 12, 2009

Blankets

Well I think I have found my new love :)  I didn’t realize how relaxing sewing is.  I made these two blankets this week and I thought for never having sewn a blanket in my life, that I did alright :)  I definitely need to work on cutting straight.   Holy cow that first patchwork one took me FOREVER because of my  inability to cut in a straight line.  Anyway if anyone has any cool web sites or books that they like that shows how to do some neat quilts I would love to know about them! 

Feb. Blankets 001

Feb. Blankets 002

7 comments:

Unknown said...

crazymomquilts.blogspot.com is the best. She has lots of tutorials and she is amazing. Good job! They look great!

Heather said...

linley the most talented woman in the world!! seriously think about selling them. i would buy some!
you make me want to try and be more creative.

The Bradys said...

Those turned out way cute! I know, I love quilts, too. . .haha, although I have a tough time cutting straight:). Adam has RSV, but as soon as he's better, we should get together!

THE FAMILY OF OAK said...

You should seriously talk to Kalli. She makes quilts and stuff and they are AMAZING!!!! Have you talked to her at all about them?

Kalli said...

those are very cute you don't need my help besides if I taught you anyone that saw your blankets and "technique" would ask you who the h taught you that I really taught myself I don't care if things match up I just pick fabric I love and start hahaha I know it is pretty bad but I would love to come and hang out and help you cut and show you some things I do but by no means will you be getting professional advice or training and that is my disclosure lol. oh and I can't believe you are having the surgery that is smart to do now I think so call me cause we could for sure get together before.

Dawn said...

Linley get a rotary cutter kit and you will never have to worry about straight line again. Good job on your blankets. I love your material you picked out.

The Oborn Family said...

Are you kidding me - that is awesome! So DOmestic - I love it. I own a sewing machine but it is so neglected I finally let my sister in law borrow it, possibly indefinentaly. Maybe some day.