Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Randomness

Here are a couple of cute pictures of Kylie bug :)  She sure is growing up.  It’s amazing to see her little personality come out.  She is starting to be very particular about some things.  For example, if I don’t put on the right shoes she starts crying.  If she decides that she doesn’t want to get out of her pajamas just yet, she will start crying…  Oh boy…  But I love that kid to death.  I think I have decided she needs to go on a diet.  I’m on this egg kick and every morning I make scrambled eggs for the two of us.  Yesterday I made some just for her and I used 3 eggs and she still was hungry!  Usually she starts begging to have the rest of mine.  Don’t know if its a growth spurt or if she’s just getting overweight :)

I made another tutu yesterday.  She was too busy watching Handy Mandy to really pose for the camera, but I got at least one of her looking at me.  I’ve decided to lay off making any more until she gets a little older.  I hope she gets into fairy princess kind of stuff :)

I took my sewing machine out of its box yesterday for the first time.  Yeah, progress!  My mother in law is going to give me a sewing 101 class on Saturday.  I haven’t sewn since I was 10 and I know absolutely zilch about it.  I’m excited to actually start making blankets.  Thanks Wendy for your willingness to help me!  I’m always looking to take fabric of any kind from people who don’t want it anymore so I can practice on it, so let me know if I can take any off your hands! 

Well, have a wonderful day you guys!  Enjoy the pics!

                          Kylie and her eggs

IMG_9998

IMG_0001

                      Showing off her new tutu

IMG_0009

IMG_0013

IMG_9887

IMG_9991

8 comments:

Semi Granola Mom said...

Your tutus rock. Thanks for the heads up on Walmart prices. Yeah, I put an ad out and the girl who wrote back said her fiance just proposed with tons of black tulle and gold star wire and she didn't know what to do with it when she got my email. I was hoping for white or a color, but I should be able to do something with black :) Thanks for the numbers, that four yards makes a full enough tutu, I wondered how much one would need and how long the pieces should be and all that jazz.
Thanks again! How did the R.S. bday party go?

~C

Anonymous said...

That is such a cute tutu:)

Shelley Family said...

I love the tutus! You may have to teach me how to make them sometime!

Heather said...

oh i love the tutu's. and yeah for fairy princess's!! oh to have a girl. never mind, oh to even get pregnant

Shelly said...

I love it! You have done such a great job. I am pulling my sewing machine out today. I have had fabric sitting on my counter since November, to fix some quilts that my 3 youngest children LOVE! You have inspired me. BTW... Kylie is not overweight she is just growing. Don't worry yet. She is one of the cutest little princesses I know.

Kalli said...

oh she is soo cute and don't you dare put her on a diet she is perfect and you are lucky she eats kai is sooo picky I really don't know if he is getting any nutrients from what he will eat oh well maybe I need to go back to baby food? Anyways I feel like you live in a different state cause that is how much we talk what is up with that? You should call me.

Kevin & Mari said...

Hi Linley!

She is just so pretty. That last pic with her beautiful lips...so photogenic. Lucky girl.

I also LOVE the tutu's! Do you just do them for fun? You could sell them and make some good $.

Good luck sewing. I love it.

THE FAMILY OF OAK said...

Kylie is not over weight. I hope you were kidding:) And the dr gave me good advice cause he commented that Max is chunkin right up. I asked if I should be worried about how much he eats and he said that kids are programmed to tell you when they are done eating. Right now I think Max is going through a growth spurt cause he is eating more than he was. Maybe Kylie is too? Just enjoy her for her- she is so beautiful and she will just keep eating more as she grows. cute tutus and WAY cute pics of her. For not posing she looks fantastic!!!