Friday, January 30, 2009

Kylie a la tutu

So I was visiting my friend Nichole yesterday and had remembered her making tutu's for her little girls.  I asked if they were hard to make and she said that no, they were really easy.  So I got online yesterday, learned how to make one, took a trip to Joanne’s fabric and made this cute little tutu last night :)  I can already see several improvements that I want to make for my next one, but for the most part I think it is really cute!  Kylie HATED it at first.  Seriously, you would think the tutu was trying to attack her with all her screaming and yanking on the tulle when I tried to put it on.  But she is now playing contently right now so she must be over it :)

Kylie's tutu and new outfit 005

Kylie's tutu and new outfit 011

Kylie's tutu and new outfit 010

Check out my sweet new apron that I won on my friend Nichole’s give away.  I never win anything you guys!  Anyway, check out her blog to find out how she can make one for you.  She does a really good job on them and they are just too dang cute to pass up!  Her blog is   justinandnichole.blogspot.com .

Kylie's tutu and new outfit 009

I wanted to give a quick congratulations again to my friend Marie who found out yesterday she is having little boy in June!  Yeah!  Can’t wait to see him!

Well, looks like I need to go to Wal-mart to stock up on Superbowl goodies :)  Have a great weekend you guys!

5 comments:

Heather said...

linley you are SO talented. the tutu's are so cute. have you ever heard of etsy? maybe you should make stuff and sell it.
are you guys having a super bowl party? i don't think we are doing anything. i asked matthew if he was inviting people over and he said no. which is suprising to me because he ALWAYS talks about ho wonderful our tv is and how you can ONLY watch ANY tv in HD. but sometimes i do miss the entertaining. playing hostess. when you aren't forced to do it. like throw birthday parties....

The Bradys said...

the tutu is so cute, you need to teach me how to make one!

lol, Hailey has the same baby stroller and shirt that Kylie has on!

Anonymous said...

That is such a cute tutu. I want to know how I can make one so I can put it on the cat's.Just kidding. But I would like to know how to make one.

I think that apron to. It is so cute.

Vee said...

Cute tutu! That turned out darling. My oldest would die to have this. I might have to give it a try someday. Congrats on the cute apron too. SO fun.

Semi Granola Mom said...

Random q, how much did tulle set you back? I free cycled for some and got a big ole bag of black tulle but want to add in one if not more colors to the tutus, so wondered how much it is. And did you do the knot method or other? I am wanting simpliest instructions possible since I will be making matching tutus for Jasmin's dance class.
Thanks!
~C