Monday, February 23, 2009

Let the countdown begin…

As most of you know, I decided to go ahead and have the back surgery.  I am scheduled to do it on March 5th.  I can’t believe how fast that is coming up.  Anyway, I wanted to make sure I do a few last things this winter before I get hacked open.  I haven’t been ice-climbing in a while, so last Saturday me and Austin and his dad went up to Bridal Veil Falls.  It was soooo cold up there.  My hands felt like they were going to fall off.  But I finally got them warmed up and was able to do one climb.  I need to learn to not put all my weight on my arms because they get tired really fast.  I started swinging my ice ax like a little sissy girl because my arms were dead tired.  But it was fun and I’m glad I went.  Here are a few pictures from our day.

IMG_0185 

                              The ice we climbed

IMG_0200

Austin and I

IMG_0222

Here’s me showing off my mad skills

IMG_0236

IMG_0241

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had fun. Good luck w/ the back surgery:)

Heather said...

linley i love that you are fearless mountain woman! you are going to bounce back from surgery so fast.
maybe you could try some circular dancing!!

THE FAMILY OF OAK said...

Hey! We would love to bring you dinner one night after your surgery. How long are you in the hospital recovering?

Vee said...

Wow that is impressive. I don't think I've ever gone ice climbing and I've lived here my whole life. You are fearless.

Whitaker Family said...

Pretty sure that "sissy girl" and "Ice ax/pick" don't go together! You are so awesome! That is pretty amazing stuff, and you are no "sissy girl" !!

brooke said...

i am so jealous right now... so much ice....way to not take it for granted..