Friday, October 30, 2009

Brandon!

So on October 19th, we picked my brother Brandon up from the airport.  He reported to the MTC on the 21st and we were blessed to be able to spend some time with him before he left for 2 years.  I hadn’t seen Brandon since last Thanksgiving, so it was fun to spend time with him.  Kylie cried every time he would look at her, but by the time we had gotten home from the airport, he was her best buddy.  On Monday we carved pumpkins.  On Tuesday we invited my brother Damian and his wife Jenelle over for dinner and home made caramel apples.  Ok, get this.  My dad was called to the Las Vegas mission.  My brother Shane was called to the exact same mission.  My brother Damian was called to the Los Angeles Spanish speaking mission – and that is where Brandon is going.  Weird huh!  Anyway, Austin, Damian, and Jenelle were giving Brandon advice and telling him funny stories about their missions.  It was fun to hear of everybody’s experience out in the field.  The next day we took some pics of Brandon in front of the temple and then headed over to the MTC and dropped him off at the curb…literally.  I really don’t like how they just have you pull up, get out their bags and say “See ya!”  I missed seeing the video and being with Brandon just a little be longer.  But anyway, we said our good byes and of course I cried.  He is going to make such a great missionary though.  I love that kid.  We’ve gotten a letter from him and he seems to be doing great.  I know he will do  an awesome job :)

Birds, zoo, pumpkins, and Brandon 016

Birds, zoo, pumpkins, and Brandon 022

IMG_5200

 

IMG_5209 black and wihite

IMG_5223

IMG_5226

No comments: