Monday, January 4, 2010

My birthday!

Yesterday was my birthday.  I turned 28…yeah, I’m getting old.  I had the best birthday!  Thanks for all the birthday wishes from everyone, they made my day :)   I had to post my favorite present of all.

 

Wait for it….

 

 

 

 

Wait for it….

 

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_6213

My very own leg lamp like from the movie, “A Christmas Story!”  Austin got this for me and seriously, I almost peed my pants from the excitement :)  I know most of you think I’m weird, but that movie has been one of my families all time favorite Christmas movies.  When we went to drive around and see peoples Christmas lights last month, there was a house that had a leg lamp in their window and I thought that was the coolest thing ever!  Anyway, I’m a little sad that I will only have a few days to enjoy it before it gets put away with all my other Christmas decorations.  But hey, at least I have something to look forward to for next Christmas!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Uh....oh my gosh. I have never seen that movie from start to finish. Something about it bothers me. But Happy Birthday. Maybe you can keep the leg lamp in your room, and then bring it out to the front RIGHT after Thanksgiving?

Semi Granola Mom said...

ha, my f-i-l got one last year :) rock on.


~C

The Bradys said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Matt and I can't stop laughing!

Unknown said...

Linley, I feel like I learn something new about you every week! You are so cool!! Hope you had a good bday!

THE EVANS FAMILY said...

Oh, BTW, that was Amber, not Nate, that posted that last comment. I didn't realize his google account was logged on when I posted it until after the fact.