Saturday, February 13, 2010

Cleopatra or Homely looking????

So a few weeks ago I decided to do the unthinkable and dye my hair dark…with no highlights…and with bangs.  Daring you say?  For me it is.  I have not been dark haired since I was a….hmmm…I’m going to have to think about this for a minute… sophomore in high school.  That was 11 years ago.  Anyway, I really liked the bangs at first, but I don’t know if I like them now.  The first time Austin saw me he was kind of blown away by how different I looked.  He said I looked Cleopatra’ish.  Then the other night I was saying how I probably won’t get bangs again because I don’t like how they make me look and he goes, “Yeah, they make you look more homely.”  I’m like WHAT!  I’m like do you even know what that word means!!!  I proceeded to tell him that if you call a girl homely you’re basically telling her that she has a sweet spirit and that’s about all that’s going for her because she’s butt ugly.  I said what did you think that word meant!  Well, he thought it meant more traditional looking.  Either way, it’s not good :)  Oh well :)  You win some, you lose some.

IMG_6796

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you look sophisticated! I love it!

Heather said...

I like it. Bangs are a funny thing though. A LONG time ago (well not that long) I got bangs and I liked them for probably the first day and then they just bugged the crap out of me. In my eyes all the time....I'm never getting bangs again.
Austin is funny. I laughed out loud when I read that.
One time (when I was pregnant) my mom took me shopping to buy maternity clothes and she bought me this really cute white dress with a green flower print. Well I put it on Sunday to wear it to church and you know what Matthew said I looked like? A dinosaur. Thanks.

Katy said...

hahahahah!!!!! your husband cracks me UP!!! that's too freakin funny about your conversation!

and definitely NOT homely.. you look fantastic!! i love love love the color too!! i wish i could pull off bangs like you.. my face is waaay too fat!!

you look great!!!!

Shelly said...

He's just afraid that you'll leave him for another man because you're smokin' hot. I think you look pretty no matter what hair style you have. :)

THE FAMILY OF OAK said...

I really really like you with bangs. Maybe since you just don't feel like yourself, get some highlights? What do you think? I like the dark and the bangs, but if you don't feel like your cute self change it up a bit. Maybe you will find you LIKE the bangs, just not all dark?