Monday, May 19, 2008

American Idol barbeques rat poop in Primary

Pretty interesting title most of you might say, but it pretty much wraps up my weekend.  On Friday we had our good friends Kali and JR and Brooke and Brady (and don't forget their adorable kids!) over for a barbeque.  It was extremely yummy food (thanks again you guys!) and it was just fun to hang out.  On Saturday morning I bought the coolest thing ever...AMERICAN IDOL TOUR TICKETS!!!  I'm sure most of you think that this was a stupid purchase, but I am stoked to go see them on July 14 at the E Center.  I was able to buy tickets on the floor so I will be seeing my favorite American Idol contestants up close and personal :)  Austin did not seem all that thrilled to go with me, so I'm going to go with someone who appreciates the tickets...and that is Wendy, Austin's mom :)  I'm so excited to go with her and be surrounded by 10,000 screaming teeny boppers. 

Saturday afternoon me, Austin, Kylie, and Jordan and Ashley took a trip down south to go to a vertical cave.  It was awesome!!!  My legs got quite the workout though, as well as my arms because I was gripping the rope so dang tight.  When we got up there we ate lunch and then got ready for our descent down.  The cave itself is about 90 ft deep, but it's not completely straight down.  There's a lot of places where you can stand and then head on down farther.  There was rat poop EVERYWHERE which was disgusting because it was like I never could find enough clean places to put my hands as I was crawling around down there.  There were a few ladders and we also found a really old bottle of soda water.  It had black gunk inside which was sick, but still cool :)  Anyway here are some pics of that excursion.IMG_5137

IMG_5149

IMG_5171

 IMG_5193

IMG_5204

IMG_5214

IMG_5234

IMG_5249

 

On Sunday I got set apart as the second counselor in Primary!  Yeah!  I'm excited and nervous at the same time.  I really like the women that are in the presidency and I am looking forward to being able to teach the kids in our ward.  I guess the only thing I am nervous about is doing sharing time once a month.  But I'm sure I will do just fine :)  Anyway, it was a busy weekend, but it was so much fun. 

8 comments:

Cassie Stewart said...

fun pics! Dan and I love american idol and I think it would be so fun to go! your little Kylie is precious.

Tiffini said...

congrats on the calling you will do great!!! those pictures are awesome. i'm so jealous that you're going to the tour I wanted to go. GO DAVID A.!!!! I am so excited that you're FINALLY into American Idol.

Anonymous said...

sweet title! who is that hot girl holding such a cute baby? Man, I wouldn't mind hooking up with her!

Wendy said...

I'm SOOOOOOOOOO excited to go to the Idol concert with you. It will be a blast! You will do so great in Primary. I'm glad you get to have that calling. Love you!

Amber Culp Family said...

Such a cute blog! How fun your first NYC trip. Our favorites are: Central Park (take Kylie to the cute zoo they have there.), The Statue of Liberty, The Metropolitan museum of art, the Natural History Museum, a broadway show(a must if going without Kylie.) you can get great tickets the day of at the tkts booth in times square. Take a walk down 5th ave, check out all the fancy shops, Chelsea Market is a great place to get some good food, and Johns pizza is a must. Plus, you have to see Times Square at night. If you need more pointers let us know. We have been to NYC lots and think we have it figured out. P.S. Kylie is adorable!

brooke said...

Hello!!! I would LOVE to go to American Idol concert, I didn't even know until yesterday that they do a tour. Anyways, fun weekend...we had a lot of fun and we need to do it again soon!

Amber Culp Family said...

Wow, are you guys going to be in Hartford? How fun, we would love to have you guys over. Yes, email us, and let us know when you will be here. amberleeculp@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

I just looked through your pictures..I haven't looked for a while. The Moab ones look like so much fun...brings back lots of fun memories of living there and going on trips there with the Mills gang. Kylie is a doll, I havne't seen her for a while...hummmmmm. Wendy is lucky she gets to go with you to idol..If I'd have known I would have had you get me one too! I could just squeeze Dave A's little cheeks! So your going to see my daughter huh? Can I scrunch in your suitcase? Love ya Sue