Monday, May 5, 2008

Moab

This past weekend we took a family trip down to Moab. It was a much needed vacation and it so nice to get out and get some exercise and see some really cool arches (oh, and it was nice to be in 70 to 80 degree weather). We went with Howard and Wendy and Jordan and Ashley. We got there Friday night and looked EVERYWHERE for a place to camp. After searching for about 45 minutes, we ended up staying at a campsite that really wasn't a designated one. We kind of took the liberty of making the spot our very own :) It was right by the road (not fun when trying to go to sleep at night), but all in all it was a great spot. That night Howard and Wendy took us out to eat at this Mexican restaurant. It was muy bueno! I drank WAY too much soda and spent most of the night peeing in the bushes. The next day we hiked to Delicate Arch. It was awesome! I have never seen it before and I must say it was quite impressive. We also went to Eye of the Wale Arch and Balanced Rock. It was sunny off and on that day, but we all still managed to get a sunburn. We tried to make it to Tower Arch, but the road we took to get there was really rocky and at one point we had to turn back because there was no way we were going to be able to get the suburban the rest of the way. We did a lot of hiking that day, so we were all looking forward to a good nights sleep that night. Before we all hit the hay, we ate beef stew and french bread (thanks Jordan and Ashley!). Then we made a fire and sat around talking. It was a lot of fun that night. Kylie went right to bed, and slept through the night both nights we were there. She is such a good baby! On Sunday Austin made us pancakes and sausage and eggs. It was soooo good. We cleaned up camp and then went to the Windows arch and spent some time there. Then we decided to make the Sand Dune Arch our final stop before we left to go home. I think this may be one of my favorite arches. It takes like 3 minutes to get to it and it is surrounded by the softest sand. Kylie loved it :) We went home after that and I must say I was really sad to go. We made it all the way to Springville when we blew out the front tire on the Suburban. Thanks to Jordan's impressive driving skills, we made it over to the shoulder of the road and the boys were able to change the tire. Anyway, that was our trip! I am looking forward to going back soon.

Delicate Arch


Eye of the Wale







Our campsite



The Windows


Ashley and I on top of Sand Dune Arch


5 comments:

brooke said...

wow Kylie's hair is getting really blond?!!! How fun, a little scary about the tire blowout, that would have freaked me out. Moab looks awesome, Brady and I are planning a trip there soon, so I was wondering if it was really exhausting on Kylie or was it not too bad???

Wendy said...

That was such a fun trip! I'm glad we all got to go :-) My face is starting to peel, can't wait until my scalp does :( Love you guys!!

Kalli said...

So the sand dune arch has to be my favorite arch as well I love the sand and how it is shady it will be fun to take Kai there sometime. So we need to plan something soon I miss you guys plus we since the weather is getting warmer we really must take advantage of it like going for walks, swimming all the cool stiff stay at home moms get to do huh!

Kalli said...

hey! next friday sounds great and yes we can do the dessert and chips i will call you sometime this week and make sure we don't need to bring anything else.

brooke said...

We're in...sounds like fun. Kalli and I will share the assignments, but let us know if there is anything else we can do.....