Monday, May 18, 2009

Mother’s Day, flowers, etc

So it appears that I am behind on my postings :)  Mother’s day was awesome.  I woke up to Austin holding a tray full of yummy breakfast food and Kylie giving me a huge kiss.  Austin built me another flower box and I absolutely love it!  He is such a sweet husband.  It was a great day. 

Last week we went to get all my flowers, bushes, and vegetables for our garden.  We uh spent a bit more than I thought, but oh well :)  I am so excited for our garden.  We’re hopefully going to have green beans, lettuce, onions, cilantro, rosemary, bell peppers, jalapenos, cantaloupe, cucumbers, zucchini, and tomatoes.  Yeah!  Just wish it wouldn’t take like 4 months to grow. 

Here are the pictures of my flowers and our garden. 

My new flower box

IMG_0894

The flower box he made me my first Mother’s Day

IMG_0895

IMG_0896

IMG_0897

IMG_0891

IMG_0892

IMG_0893

IMG_0906

Our new hedges

IMG_0898

Our garden

IMG_0899

What post would be complete without pictures of Kylie?

IMG_0901

IMG_0902

IMG_0903

I signed Kylie up for preschool….for 2011.  I guess there’s this lady who is an amazing preschool teacher and has like a 2 year waiting list.  So I quickly signed Kylie up :)  I hope she loves it as much as I did when I was 4.

Have you guys seen X-men?  It’s really, really good.  I would recommend it to anyone.

American Idol is over this week.  I don’t really think it’s going to be a competition.  Adam is the best by far.  I’m really bummed that we will be in Canada when the American Idol tour comes to Salt Lake.  :(

Well, I guess I should go see what Kylie is up to.  See ya next time!

4 comments:

Semi Granola Mom said...

Ha, I think we signed up for the same lady for preschool, had to sign up this year for next year for Jasmin to go, but I can't think of her name right this second :)
The flowers are all gorgeous, hope you are feeling well!
~C

Brenna said...

Well last week I put up my flowers in my garden. We also planted the tamatoes.
SO I bet kylie will do great in pre-school. She'll probably be teaching her teachers.
Hope your doing well

Heather said...

canada? well i guess i'd rather go there when it's the spring then the winter. blah.
linley you have the cutest front yard. we have grass that's dying, even though it's watered 2 times a day, and horrible weeds. i HATE yard work. i'm hiring you to come out and fix it. and the backyard too.
GAH! do i need to start doing preschool stuff?

Kalli said...

I love the flowers they are beautiful and Kylie is too I think I am going to make a post for the park day we had so stay tuned I may update my blog its historical..