Sunday, May 3, 2009

Hi

I thought I would post a couple of pics from our flower bed.  It has been fun to watch all the tulips come up this year.  I was a little worried that the neighbor kids would pick them, but so far so good!  I’m a little sad that I won’t be able to plant any of my flowers this year.  Well, I’ll get to plant my flower box.  But it’s still sad.  Anyway, enough about what I can’t do…I’m tired of that subject.

Well, I had the best day on Friday. Austin’s mom and dad took Kylie to their house all day long.  It was awesome!  Before they came to pick her up she was whiney and clingy, but as soon as they walked in the door, she was all smiles and she ran to get her shoes.  She was like “See ya!”  I was able to just lay in bed and watch movies all day long.  I caught Kylie’s cold and was feeling miserable, but after all that rest, I seriously felt so much better.  Thanks again Howard and Wendy :)  That night Austin and I went to Chili’s for a date night.  Of course I had to get the Quesadilla Explosion Salad.  It was just a great day. 

My back is starting to feel a lot better.  I still have my good days and bad days.  I think my main problem is my legs aren’t used to squatting all the time, so it makes them sore.  I still have to take a pain pill at night, but usually none during the day.  Today is the second good day I have had.  I actually feel…normal.  I’m so thankful for these kind of days.

Does anyone have any good book recommends?  I am currently reading Angles and Demons (awesome book by the way) and after that I will not have any new books to read.  I picked up the first book in the House of Night series.  The book is called Marked.  It’s a vampire series.  I didn’t even get halfway through it because of the language and a few other things.  I really hate when authors ruin a perfectly good story line with vulgarity.  But then again I guess most Americans don’t mind reading it.  I just hate the way it makes me feel.  I am not ashamed to say that I love reading Harry Potter type books because you know you don’t have to worry about anything.  Anyway, I am seriously looking for a good series to read or any good book :) 

Well, I hope you all have a good week.  Remember that Mother’s Day is coming up!  (hint, hint, Damian).  Bye!

These first four pictures are some old ones from Howard and Wendy’s camera

Dad's Camera 009

Dad's Camera 061

Dad's Camera 118

Dad's Camera 121

Kylie and her stroller 001

Kylie and her stroller 002

IMG_0838

IMG_0841

IMG_0851

IMG_0862

IMG_0871

IMG_0876

6 comments:

Semi Granola Mom said...

Man, you must have a good camera because those pictures rock :)
The Jayson Wolf series by anita stansfield is amazing, I just read it ( it is a triology ) and seriously, it was a good read, plus susie jenkins is anita's sister, so that makes it a fun fact :)
~C

Heather said...

love the flower pictures!! you make me want to have nice flowers outside. then i have to remember we are trying to landscape the front and they would get covered in dirt, so maybe another season.
ok, i just finished this book called "tending roses" i can't remember the author, but it was a woman. the book was one of our book clubs selections. and then i finished this book called "honeymoon with my brother". really funny, and it made me want to travel. it was some language in it, fyi. the tending roses one i loved, it had some issues in it that the mom (the young one, not the old woman) was dealing with that i felt like i was too. anyway, i am in desperate need of books to read as well.oh you know who is an amazing author and i've read all her books, she has a novel and then 2 books of short stores (which are better then the novel) her name is Jhumpa Lahiri. AMAZING!!sorry this took a long time.

Shelly said...

I love your flower pictures. I am glad you are doing better. I wouldn't mind having Kylie all day either. I really hope you know I am here for you. Just pretend that I am your sister. I love ya!

Janie said...

I want your camera.

You would really like Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. It's a little bit morbid - kinda like Lord of the Flies - but it's right up your alley:) No really, I've had at least 5 friends read it and everyone loved it. It's a page turner.

Heather said...

oh my gosh, i laughed so much about the post you left. telling that animal woman i was going to fry up the "Eagle's egg".

Shelly said...

Does Austin want one of our mini frogs??? I think you should let him get a toad.