Tuesday, April 28, 2009

What a week

You know, just when I thought things were getting slightly back to normal for me, I get slapped in the face with yet another challenge.  I went to see the nurse practitioner last week for my one month check up for my back and during the course of our visit, he told me to remember to not bend, twist, or pick up anything over 25 pounds for the next 6 months….I sat there with my mouth open and said..”Um, what!”  I know that my neurosurgeon told me 3 months but apparently he forgot to add 3 more months on top of that.  I have been really struggling with this.  It sent me into a wonderful state of depression for several days.  All I could think of was all the things I will not be able to do this summer.  I mean I was to a point where I was accepting the fact that for another two months it was going to be a struggle, but now….  Uggg this really bites.  I am so glad that Austin has been so supportive.  I have not exactly been a pleasant thing to be around lately.  Today I have felt a little bit better about all this.   I usually pride myself in not letting things get me down, but sometimes it seems like this whole ordeal is getting the best of me.  I’ve also been sooo tired lately, and it doesn’t help that at night it takes me like 3 hours to go to sleep.    It sucks when you don’t feel like yourself and you can’t do a lot of things that you used to be able to do.  I’m not the kind of person who likes to lay around all day and have other people do things for me.  Anyway, I’m not trying to be a mopey sour puss, but I just needed to vent.  I’ve realized that the only way I’m going to make it through this is the with the help of my Heavenly Father.

Well, a couple of good things that have come of this is that I have a lot more time to read now.  Right now I am reading the 13th reality series.  It is really really good.  I’m also now obsessed with watching The Office.  Austin’s brother got the first 3 seasons for his birthday, which he kindly let us borrow.  I also got released from my calling as the 2nd counselor in Primary.  I am now the secretary in Primary.  I am so grateful for this change because it really would have been a struggle to do the other calling.  Well it always seems like I have a lot more to say, but I guess that’s it :)  Oh, Wendy got her gastric bypass surgery done two weeks ago and she is doing awesome!  She has already lost 16 pounds!  Anyway, hope you all are having a good week.  Here are some random pics to enjoy.

                        Kylie LOVES dandelions. 

IMG_0790

              Our flowering cherry tree…LOVE IT!

IMG_0793

           Kylie bug after eating a yummy cookie

IMG_0835

Ok, this is the first and only time so far that she has done this…

2009-04-28 me and Kylie 009

                                               Me and my sweet girl

2009-04-28 me and Kylie 027

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I so so sorry to hear that it is going to be so long! Justin went through similar struggles after his shoulder surgery. It was so hard for him to not be able to act like himself for so long, Hang in there!

Heather said...

well boo for that. and boo for the doctor not saying that before. but you are a strong person and will get through it. and if we have to go slow and take our time while i'm up there so be it. more time to enjoy what's around us.
love you!

Heather said...

oh and the office is one of my favorite shows. have you been watching the current season? FUNNY.

The Bradys said...

Linley, I am so sorry! I can't imagine what it was like to hear that recovery will be double the time you expected. Please know that I'm here to help anyway I can. I hope Kylie gets better really soon so she can come play, my kids are still sick, but I'm sure they'll be over it by next week. You're amazing and we're throwing a HUGE party in September when all of this is over:)!!

Jen and Ricky said...

I can't believe how big Kylie has gotten. She is almost unrecognizable from the last time I saw her. I laughed when I saw the toilet paper on the floor; Benjamin does that too, we have to keep the toilet paper up higher. I also love the pictures of the tulips and other flowers ... I love looking at photographic art. Jen and I will have to stop by some time and bring you and austin some dinner.