Thursday, April 9, 2009

Hello, hello! Just thought I would share a quick update on how I am doing. My mom left on Tuesday to go back home and that was kind of hard for me. She was such a great help and it was so fun to see Kylie and her playing together and getting to know each other a little more. I had an emotional break down a few days before she was going to leave. All I could think of was how was I going to take care of Kylie?? It scared me to death to be on my own. But thanks to my WONDERFUL neighbors, I know that I can get through this. My friend Shelly made up a list for the next month of who could watch Kylie in the mornings. She and others are also making us dinners for the next couple of weeks. You guys, you have no idea how much this has meant to me. I know that you will probably get sick of me telling you thank you, but seriously, I don't know how I could make it through these next couple of weeks without you guys. I know that Kylie is having so much fun playing with your kids, and I have enjoyed the chance to rest. I just wanted to let you know that you have been the answer to my prayers. Thanks for all your kindness. Thanks also to everyone who has called or written me or sent over movies and books so that I won't be bored :) I appreciate it so much. Thank you Austin for being such a wonderful husband through all this. I'm so grateful for the next little while that you will be able to work from home and will be able to help me out when I need it. I know some days seem overwhelming, but I just want you to know how much I love you. I have just been so humbled through this whole experience. Thanks again for everyone's help.


We are buying Kylie a little table and chairs this week so she can eat at it. My friend Wendy let us borrow hers until we get one, and she seems to really like it. She has noticed her added freedom and will periodically get up from her chair and run around the house with food all over her hands. But this is the easiest way that I am able to feed her on my own. We still have to figure out her crib situation. We thought maybe we could buy her a step ladder to get into bed, but we haven't found one tall enough or wide enough that I wouldn't have to worry about her falling. Someone suggested doggy steps, but I need them to be at least 3 feet high. Anyone have any suggestions? Austin could build something, but we're having trouble figuring out what we could build it out of that I could move around to her changing table and away from her bed so she won't try climbing out when I'm not there. My neighbor offered to let us borrow her toddler bed, but again I'm worried about her just getting out of her bed and not taking her naps. Anyway, I'm open to new ideas :)

Before I go, I just wanted to share this adorable picture of Kylie and Brittany. Britney is Shelly's little girl. She sent me this picture today while she is watching Kylie. I guess they decided to set up these chairs and watch Backyardagains. How cute!


 

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Susana said...

Hey Linley, have you thought about a small folding step ladder? There are some that are quite inexpenssive and lightweight. I'm glad to hear you're doing well. We all wish you the best here at VR!!

THE FAMILY OF OAK said...

Sounds like you have some amazing friends! let them do all they can to help you, and you just rest, rest, rest!!! that is awesome they let Austin stay at home and work, I am sure that is great. I love being home with Karl:)

The Bradys said...

So, a few days ago I heard a knock on the door, but I couldn't answer because I was feeding Adam. Half an hour later I open my door to find a really sweet note and gift from my friend who JUST HAD BACK SURGERY!! What the? Thank you so much, but I'm pretty sure it should have been ME going to YOUR door with something:). I really have meant to make it your way with something, but everything with my Mom has put me into a little whirlwind! Hopefully things get to normal soon so I can see and talk to you, and Hailey keeps asking when her "Kylie" is coming to play, so we're excited! So glad to hear you're doing well. Thanks again for being such a sweet friend even when it should have been the other way around:).

Semi Granola Mom said...

OK, a couple of suggestions. First one, we got Jasmin's little card table and 4 chairs at big lots for only 25, so might want to check there. They are kid proof so snap into place to as to not collapse on kiddles.
In regards to bed time, you might want to invest in a crib tent II, it is a little pricey but is the answer to your problem. It is like 70 bucks at walmart.com?
Anyhow, then you can lower the crib to the lowest setting and take off one side, if yours is able to. You set up the crib tent low, not high like the picture and then she can pretty much crawl in, you zip it up and then she can't fall out ( my kids have loved bouncing into it, so it is quite sturdy ) Let me know if you want to come see mine and how we have it rigged for Ryken :)

Hope that helps, good luck in everything, keeps us on the list if you need anything.

~C

Brenna said...

How cute.I am happy that you have good friends that help you.

Jen and Ricky said...

One suggestion that I have for steps is to make one out of fiberglass. All you need to do is make a cheap mould and cover it with fiberglass sheets and dab it with fiberglass resin .... sand it down and paint it. It should be really easy and affordable.