Tuesday, April 21, 2009

One month

I can hardly believe it has been one month since my surgery.  I am so happy it has gone by so fast.  2 more months and I get to pick up Kylie and bend over!  Funny how those two simple things are so exciting to look forward to :)  Well I wish I had something exciting to write about, but when all I do is sleep, eat, read, and watch TV, there’s nothing really new to share!  I did decide to break out of the monotony of my days and sew a little bag for Kylie.  My friend Nichole finds the coolest stuff to make from other people’s blogs, and so I decided to make this bag. 

IMG_0766

IMG_0769

It’s going to be Kylie’s quiet bag for church.  It took me a little longer than expected since I’m crippled and it takes twice as long to do anything.  I put some books under my sewing machine and was able to stand while sewing.  It worked out fine, but what would happen is I would stand for over 2 hours, losing all track of time, and before you know it, my back would be  killing me.  So I decided that I will have to officially lay off the sewing until I get better.  It’s tragic, I know.

Anyway, I’ve already tired myself out.  I’m going to see if I can go back to sleep….

7 comments:

The Bradys said...

That bag is so cute!!! Seriously we need to get together so you can show me how to make all these cute things. I cannot believe you did that standing up:). That's awesome!

Heather said...

cute bag! i love the inside. today andrew and i went into a quilting store (because i heard the fabrics they have are amazing,plus it was a million degrees so i just wanted to get in some place cool). i thought of you. they had some amazing fabric patterns.

Brenna said...

I'm glad that you are feeling better and that is one adorable bag. I need to know how you make that cute stuff.

Unknown said...

That is so dang cute! Way to go. I am glad you are feeling better!

Semi Granola Mom said...

When you are ready to sew again, I want to order a girl bag and boy bag ( I don't sew ) :)
~C

Jenelle said...

Cute bag- when I get a sewing I will copy your blog bag!

Shelly said...

I am hiring you! That is such a cute bag. You better take easy little lady, don't stand too long.