Wednesday, April 1, 2009

One week down...11 more to go

Hey guys! Wow, I was having withdrawals from my blog :) Wow, what a week. Probably the hardest of my life. Last Tuesday was a long day for me. All that waiting made me want to take my IV out and high-tail it out of that hospital. Speaking of IV, they blew through 2 of my veins in my hands trying to put an IV in before they got another lady to give a stab at it and she got it on the first try. So that was just wonderful to start off my day. I remember finally waking up from my operation and hearing everyone around me but not being able to open my eyes or talk. That was weird. They got me to my room and I finally opened my eyes. Guess it took me over an hour to get them to wake me up. That kind of freaked Austin out. Anyway, I was slurring my words and thinking what the heck did I just do!!! It was really uncomfortable and it took them a day and a half to find a pain pill that worked. Wednesday morning I got up for the first time...and I wanted to cry. Wait, I did cry. Sitting up was torture and I was kind of mad they took the catheter out because I didn't want to get out of my bed again! Anyway, as the day went by, it got a little easier to get up. By day 3 I was so sick of their food and just so nauseated that all I could manage was jello and cereal. Thanks for all those who came to visit me. I really appreciated it :) It broke up the monotony of my day. I was able to go home Saturday morning and I think I got better just walking through our door. It has been nice to be home with my family. My mom has been such a wonderful help. Austin has been my night in shining armor. He has been the sweetest guy and helps me whenever he can. I feel so bad for him at night. I still can't sit up on my own and I have to wake him up 3 to 4 times a night to go the bathroom and to roll me on to my side or back. I felt pretty good yesterday and therefore thought I could handle a trip to Wal-Mart. After being there for over an hour, I realized how wrong I was. I am paying for it today. I need to stop over doing it :) Anyway, I know that was kind of long, but I probably won't write in my journal about this because well heck, I haven't written in my journal since I was 12. Thanks to all those who dropped off goodies and came by to say hello. I really have been blessed to have such wonderful people around me.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope things improve! wish I could be there to come and visit!

Heather said...

i'm glad things are going well/getting better. but this is your time to rest!! don't over do it!! just rest. i wish i could come up and see you, but all in good time. i'll be up there (99%) sure, in august!! so you have to better so we can run around and spend some money!

Semi Granola Mom said...

If you need anything, make sure we are on the list of some to call. I was sick the past week and a half, so sorry we didn't come visit, I know I am not your vt anymore, but for real, if you need, please call :)
~C