Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Recovery: Day 1

In retrospect, last night was pretty good. Linley did have some ups and downs as you would expect.

On the up side, she did get some much needed rest. The nurses were also very nice and helpful. They were very attentive and really helped the experience be more positive. I stayed there with her and was glad to see her be able to recuperate some. It was also nice to have a good visit from Dr. Gaufin this morning. He has been very forthright and very helpful to spend whatever time we need to answer questions. She did take a walk up the hall this morning and stood up on her own so that was good too.

On the down side, she did throw up 3 times between last night and this morning. I guess that's not too abnormal considering the anesthesia, but it was hard to see her throwing up, knowing how that must feel to her tender back. She also has been dealing with a lot of pain. They gave her some stronger stuff than the morphine they had her on this morning. That has seemed to help her.

Anyway, I'm not much of a blogger but I wanted you to know how she is doing. Plus it's a good excuse to post this picture on here when she can't do anything about it...he he he.

8 comments:

Semi Granola Mom said...

Thanks for being a sweet hubby and updating us.
~C

Unknown said...

I am glad it went well! I hope recovery continues to go well!
Nichole

THE FAMILY OF OAK said...

glad things went well. nice blogging Austin lol:) You are too funny and she is going to kick your booty for postin that pic! I threw up my whole entire labor and delivery.....maybe it is just being in the hospital lol.

Thill family said...

You did a good job Austin. Tell her we wish her the best and a very quick recovery.

Shelly said...

I am glad to know you are home and can use your fingers. Hey I wanted to let you know that I am willing to take the days that Amy was going to tend Kylee for you after your Mom is gone. I know she has her hands full. My kids seriously want Kylee to be their little sister. I don't think she would have a chance to be bored at my house. Keep getting better. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Hi ya...after I talked with Austin last night , I feel terrible I didn't know until Sun. you even had the surgery. I am glad you are home and slowly improving...don't over do!! when your mom leaves...I'm bringing you Dinner! I'll keep in touch better, and Dave and I will be swinging by to visit...Love ya Sue

Whitaker Family said...

Thanks, Austin! Wish Linley well from us.

brooke said...

wow guys... no fun, but i am soooo glad its over, austin, i hope she waits to kick your butt so i can help. i love the post you sound 9and i'm sure are) like the perfectsweetsupportive husband and then bam....that mischevious side comes shining through. not that the picture is even bad, just made me laugh out loud to read this. you guys are hilarious and i'm sure there's never a dull moment...you are in our prayers linley!