Wednesday, March 4, 2009

One more day....

So today I went and got my blood work done for my surgery tomorrow. For me that was the hardest part! For those of you who knew me in my college days, you must be thinking, "What!" I used to give plasma twice a week for 3 years and didn't mind at all. Now I think my veins are screwed up from it because whenever I have to get my blood drawn they end up fishing around or having to stick me multiple times. But today was my lucky day because the lady got it on the first try. So anyway, she told me that I was first priority tomorrow and that I would probably be getting it done at 5:30 in the morning. I was excited because then I would still be half asleep. She said the only thing to change that time was if they had to do a brain surgery. Well guess what...they must have had to do one of those because they bumped me to 11:30. So anyway, tomorrow at 11:30 I will be getting a new spine! Well, at least a small part of my back will be new. I went shopping with my mom afterwards and I started to feel really crappy. My head was killing me, my nose started running, and I thought I was running a fever. I haven't had a fever in 2 years. I started to feel better this afternoon, but now I'm not feeling so hot. I really hope I am better tomorrow because I know they won't do surgery if you have a fever. I do not want to push this surgery back! Anyway, I will try and remember to ask Austin to update my blog after he finds out how I did in surgery. Well, I hope everything goes well....

3 comments:

Kevin & Mari said...

Oooo, does not sound fun. We'll keep praying for ya. Get better soon!

Heather said...

plasma, blah. i remember you telling me that it looked like fry sauce. gross.
well i hope you feel better, and boo to the fishing around for veins. the ladies always make fun of me because i ask for the baby needle (the butterfly one). and they tell me that i might get stuck more then once because the needle is so small. i'm like, barf, do not ell me that you stupid people. one time i had a lady tell me i had great veins for shooting up drugs. i'm not kidding. i was like, what?

Semi Granola Mom said...

Good luck!
~C