Saturday, April 11, 2009

Are you kidding me???

Using the hospital’s operating room for 4 hours = $7,134.86

Drugs/fluids that were pumped into me =  $1,671.15

Six titanium screws put in my back = $22, 143

Having my back be worth more than our two cars put together = PRICELESS

 

So I got the mail yesterday and got the hospital bill for my 4 lovely days at Utah Valley for my back surgery…$69,064.66.  That didn’t even include the $19,000 for the neurosurgeon’s fee.  Can we say what the????  Seriously, I feel really dumb now for telling everyone that this whole procedure would be about $25,000 to $30,000.  It’s going to be more like $90,000.  Austin is in the wrong profession.  Anyway, we have awesome insurance so we’ll only have to pay $1,000.  But still, can you believe that!  The filler bone kit as they like to call it (a mixture of my blood, ground up bone, and this filler mixture that was put on top of my vertebrae that will in time form into bone) was $12, 444.70.  I added up how much it cost for the screws, instruments, and everything else that they had to use to operate on my back and it added up to $52,001.90.  So if any of you want to get rich quick, you can just gouge out my back and take all my expensive hardware :)

Well, I hope everyone has a great Easter weekend.  I’m looking forward to eating some good food :)  Here are a couple of pictures that I forgot I had taken when my mom was out here.

Damian, Jenelle, and Kylie

IMG_0662

IMG_0677

IMG_0681

               Me and my momma

IMG_0684

6 comments:

Heather said...

linley you look absoultly BEautiful!! seriosuly, did you even have back surgery? hope things are going well.

Unknown said...

Wow, that is crazy! I am so glad you have good insurance! How are you doing?

Kevin & Mari said...

Crazy stuff!!!

You looked so good at church. Seriously you are amazing.

Did you get the crib situation worked out?

Shelly said...

Aren't you so glad for Health Insurance. It is ridiculous how much it cost for healthcare but I am so grateful for it.

Kalli said...

Oh Linley how are you doing now? I need to come and visit you and bring you brownies or something although I would hate someone to bring me treats when I was basically bed ridden so maybe I will bring you a rockin fruit salad!? Hope everything is going well though and I will talk to you soon

bids2calvin said...

I feel much better about Elle's bill we just received. We are not done with her but I don't think we'll reach quite that high. At least I know we're getting our premiums worth.