Friday, September 18, 2009

Slow news day…

So I feel like the people on the news when they do a 20 minute segment on Darla the hula hooping poodle and after it’s all over you think, “Wow, must be a slow news day.” Nothing really fantastic or exciting has been going on since I last posted. There are a few things, so here we go!

So I have been wanting to buy new floor and toilet mats for my bathroom because the whole look of it was starting to feel like an old woman had picked out the colors. It was a pale green color before and I had a boring old white shower curtain. Well, I happened to be perusing Target the other day and found these glorious soft brown ones. They were amazing and I had to have them. When I went home and switched everything out, it still looked dumb. Then I remembered seeing these really awesome shower curtains at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. I distinctly remembered seeing the price tag saying $16.99. So last night we went to look at them again, and the price was not$16.99. It was $39.99. $40 for a shower curtain! I quickly got disappointed, but my dear hubby told me I could get it anyway. I sure do love him… Anyway, last night as I was putting the curtains up, I looked at the tag to see how to wash it and it said Dry Clean only. DRY CLEAN ONLY! You mean I seriously have to take my shower curtain to the dry cleaners! Good grief… But they looked absolutely awesome, so whatever. Now for a new vanity… :)

This picture does not do justice for how awesome those curtains are. Am I seriously getting excited about a shower curtain – yes I am!

flowers 014

Thought I would share a funny story about Kylie. The other day I had just gotten clean sheets out of the dryer and was putting them on our bed when Kylie starts crying and backing away onto the other side of the bed. I asked her what was wrong and I don’t know what she’s saying, but she’s pointing to something on the floor. I look over expecting to see a spider or something. But no, its worse than that….its…a…DRYER SHEET! Oh yes, the ever scary dryer sheet. When I picked it up to show her what it was and that it wasn’t scary, she started sobbing her eyes out. Yeah, most kids are afraid of the boogey man or the dark. My kid is afraid of dryer sheets….

flowers 013

Well folks, that’s all I’ve got. Tune in next week when I talk about how many poopy diapers I’ve changed. Jk, I’m sure something more exciting will have happened by then.

2 comments:

Lexi said...

Haha! Love it and I love your shower curtain. Life is just life and hundreds of years into the future, people will want to know what we did as part of everyday life- so no shame in sharing the mundane.

Heather said...

I love your bathroom. I like those colors. We chose this bedroom set for our room using the same kind motif and colors!
And we are having a s...l...o...w week as well. NOTHING is going on. Blah.
Oh I did find another cupcake place to try, it's in Layton. So there's on in SLC, Provo and Layton I have to go to.