Monday, August 30, 2010

Anniversary

This past weekend, Austin and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary.  Our anniversary was on the 20th, but Austin was in South Carolina.  So this past Friday, Austin took the day off and we all went for a little hike.  We went Little Cotton Wood Canyon (or was it Big Cotton Wood??? Pregnancy brain…) to Secret Lake.  It was such a nice day out and it was awesome to get out and get some exercise.  Right when we were leaving the lake, it started raining and thundering (love thunder in the mountains), and eventually turned into a downpour, but we were to our car by then.  It was a gorgeous hike :)

IMG_0581

IMG_0631 IMG_0657 IMG_0662 IMG_0663

So I asked Kylie to turn around and put her hands on her hips…instead she whips out this face and Austin and I about died laughing….

IMG_0664 IMG_0665 IMG_0667 IMG_0684

Later that night, we dropped Kylie off at the grandparents and went up to Salt Lake.  Austin said he would take care of the night and I told him not to tell me what we were doing.  We showed up at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building, where my first surprise was eating at The Roof.  I ate there once before, but it had been about 8 years ago.  Ever since then, I have wanted to go back.  So I was more than happy to be eating there :)  I stuffed myself silly and enjoyed every minute of it.  After that we went on a one hour horse drawn carriage ride around Salt Lake.  Our horse’s name was Charley…a better name would be gassy Charley.  He let one rip that about blew us all away.  Then this dog scared him and he kicked his hind legs back and kicked his poop bag that had saw dust shavings in it all over me.  I still don’t know if the bag was poopless or not…  All in all, it was a wonderful anniversary. Thanks so much Austin for such a great night!

4 comments:

Semi Granola Mom said...

Hope the ride was free after that much fun ;)

Sounds like everything else was a blast!

~C

Shelly said...

Kylie is hilarious! Your anniversary sounded spectacular. I love the JSM building. The roof has the best food. It's probably been 15 years since I was there last. Sorry about the stinky horse :) that is funny though.

Heather said...

Hiking! And what? 7 months pregnant! Super woman!
Didn't you eat at the roof with us? We sat in that round room where you can hear a whisper from the other side...? Wasn't that you...? Yep, pregnancy brain.
Ok, I laughed hysterically about the carriage ride. It reminded me of a Seinfeld episode with a gassy horse named rusty. But you getting showered with the shavings from the poop bag...LOL!!

Katy said...

WOW! you look awesome AND you're hiking all over!!! amazing!

happy anniversary, you guys make a very very VERY cute couple!

and Kylie is sooooooo funny!!! oh my gosh, her glam shots crack me up, she's adorable!!! she's gonna make a fabulous big sister!