Saturday, October 22, 2011

Aquarium of the Pacific

Today for our Saturday adventure, we headed over to Long Beach to visit the Aquarium of the Pacific. It is apparently one of the largest aquariums in the US. I must say, I was impressed. My absolute favorite part was the 3 story high tank full of sharks, small fish, sting rays, a sea turtle…it was awesome. Loved seeing the sea otters and lions. Saw some giant spider crabs that were intense to see. Seriously, I would not want to be in the same tank with those guys! Sierra loved to get her face right up to the glass and point at the fish. Austin’s favorite part was feeding these really cool birds out of this cup in his hand. It would have been more fun for me if they had crapped on him…I’m joking! We had tons of fun today and I look forward to next weekend when Austin’s mom and dad come out for the weekend!!!

IMG_3821IMG_3823IMG_3828

This was cool, they had touch pools that you could touch sharks and manta rays.

IMG_3830IMG_3834IMG_3838IMG_3858

I wish you could tell from the pictures how enormous these things were. IMG_3863IMG_3865IMG_3877IMG_3882IMG_3884IMG_3887

1 comment:

Heather said...

I didn't even know this place existed. Maybe our trip will have to be extended by a couple of days...Thanks for sharing all your pictures.