Monday, October 3, 2011

Changes

Hello all! Wow, I have been slacking! So much has gone on since my last post, so here goes.

First off, we moved! Boo. Its funny. When Austin and I first got married, I kind of resented the fact that we would probably live in Utah the rest of our lives. Then a few years later, I couldn’t stand the thought of leaving. It was a really hard decision to make. Austin and I both knew if he ever wanted to move up in his company, we would have to move – I just didn’t know it would come this soon. After a week of praying, we got our answer the morning that Austin was suppose to make his decision. From that point on, things have all come together for us. We put our house up for sale the beginning of August and 2 days later it was under contract. Crazy? Just a little. Austin had been working in Cali for several weeks and he knew he would probably be there until the end of Oct (his company bought a company in Anaheim and they have been working on hiring a Controller for it. Until then, Aust has to be there) and it was so hard having him gone all week. Well, he asked his boss if we could live out there with him and they said yes Smile So we packed up our little house (well the movers did) and we drove out here to California! I must say, leaving our neighborhood was sooo hard. I have made some fantastic friends that I will miss dearly. It’s funny how for the past several years I have complained to everyone how little our house was and how cramped we were. Now I would give anything to move back. But knowing that this is where Heavenly Father wants us to be in our lives right now has made it a little bit easier. Plus, I am having the time of my life right now. There is so much to do here! Our apt has a pool, we live 20 min from the beach, there are zoos everywhere, tons of malls and stores… Oh and we live right down the street (literally) from Disneyland. Havent gone yet, but are planning to go in a few weeks. We are also planning a San Diego zoo trip. Here are some pictures of our adventures so far!

Here are pics from Newport beach on two different trips. One was when Howard and Wendy went with us (thanks again for driving out with us!) and one was later on that week Smile

cali 126cali 127cali 148cali 159cali 129cali 172cali 177cali 188cali 210cali 218cali 226cali 238cali 254got sandtogether

Here was when we went to the Irvine Zoo. Such a cute place to go! They had a pumpkin patch, train ride, horse rides, the zoo part…so much fun!

IMG_3014IMG_3018IMG_3024IMG_3033IMG_3039IMG_3027IMG_3042IMG_3050IMG_3053IMG_3065IMG_3076

Laguna Beach. My absolute favorite beach so far!

IMG_3100IMG_3102IMG_3103IMG_3113IMG_3129IMG_3221IMG_3226IMG_3246IMG_3247IMG_3299

The Santa Ana Zoo

IMG_3012IMG_3025IMG_3028

This past Saturday we went on a 90 minute boat ride from Balboa Island. What a blast that was. We got to see some celebrity homes, sea lions, and tons of boats Smile Such a perfect day.

IMG_3430

John Waynes modest home.

IMG_3434

Shirley Temples home

IMG_3459

The guy who started up Yahoo.

IMG_3457

IMG_3432IMG_3439IMG_3445IMG_3443IMG_3469IMG_3452IMG_3471

IMG_3478

Where they shot some of the Gilligan Island scenes.

IMG_3474IMG_3479IMG_3483IMG_3509

So we went house hunting for a week in Aug in CT. and we found a house we really loved. If you were to ask me several months ago if I thought we could find a house in less than a week, I would have thought you were crazy. Just another confirmation to me that this is where we need to be. I love this house. Its 3x the size of our old house and has so much storage! I love it. Plus is has a walk-in closet in the master that I just fell in love with! Here are some pictures of it:

IMG_3334

The living room

IMG_3339

The dining room and then the sun room

IMG_3343

Sun room

IMG_3345IMG_3350IMG_3351

LOVE this kitchen!

IMG_3360

This room is right off the kitchen. I think we are going to turn it into an office/den area.

IMG_3361

This house has 4 bathrooms. Do you know how much I hate to clean bathrooms??

IMG_3372

Master

IMG_3376

So this room is right off the master. I think most might use it as a nursery, but I’m going to make it into my craft room. I have a craft room guys! You have no idea how excited I am for that…

IMG_3377IMG_3380

MY WALK IN CLOSET!

IMG_3385IMG_3386IMG_3389

Sierra’s room

IMG_3393

Kylies room

IMG_3396

Kylies bathroom. Yes, my 4 year old has her own bathroom. I used to make fun of people at the Parade of Homes when I saw that their little munchkin had their own bathroom….

IMG_3398

Guest bedroom for whoever wants to visit!

IMG_3403

The basement

IMG_3410IMG_3412

We close on the house next week. I couldn’t be more excited!

Well, we miss you all very much and look forward to the day when we get to come visit Smile Until then, here’s to another day of adventure!

4 comments:

Susana said...

It's about time you update your blog missy!! haha. I'm so happy for you guys! I wish you only the best of luck in everything you do <3 Susana

The Bradys said...

Love the update! Looks like you are having the time of your life! We miss you but are so glad you are happy. Your house looks awesome! And Kylie is looking soooo much older these days...

Anonymous said...

Linley, you need to change the "About Me" section of your blog. I am so happy for you guys! I am glad you got the house you wanted.

Heather said...

Oh I would LOVE to come out and visit!! Can you imagine what your house is going to look like during all 4 seasons??!! Beautiful in the Fall, gorgeous in the winter....Ahhhh.