Monday, November 7, 2011

Visitors!!!

On October 27th, Austin’s mom and dad came out to visit us for Sierra’s birthday.  I had been looking forward to that day for quite some time Smile  It was sooo nice to have them here for 5 days and I didn’t want them to leave.  Wendy and Howard, I hope you know how much your visit meant to us.  It has been so incredibly hard to leave all our friends and family and it meant so much to us to have you here for Sierra’s birthday Smile 

The day after they arrived, it was Sierra’s birthday.  So in celebration of her special day, we went to Six Flags Magic Mountain.  What?  Sierra wanted to go! Oh my gosh, can we say a FANTASTIC day!  Seriously, we hardly had to wait in any lines and the roller coasters are out of this world.  My favorite ride was the X2.  Amazing.  We had such a fun day together.  Kylie and Sierra were so good.  They had a fairly big kid area that had rides that Kylie could go on.  The place was dead, so she got to go right on all the rides.  Thanks again you guys for watching the girls for some of the rides Smile  And Wendy, you are such a fearless mother in law!  I would so love to go on the Superman again with you!

032033038044047

On Saturday we headed to Balboa Beach to spend a few hours in the sun.  It was a gorgeous day that day.  I am so going to miss the ocean…

075077

Sierra found herself a beach hunk Winking smile

086

IMG_3950

LOVE this picture

IMG_3954IMG_3956

You can’t go to the beach without burying your daddy Smile

IMG_3975

By far, the best 2 photos from their trip…Miss you guys!

IMG_3980IMG_3984

That night was our ward’s trunk or treat.  It was…different.  I’m used to our old ward’s trunk or treat where you go around to each car and they give you candy and then you eat yummy food and then go to their carnival inside.  Man, they did such a great job.  At the one we went to this year we ate chili and hotdogs inside and they had like 3 games you could do, and then you stood in a line and they gave you candy.  I shouldn’t be complaining, it was fine and Kylie had a good time.  I guess it just made me miss our old ward…again.  Kylie decided she wanted to be a witch this year, so I did her face all up and she looked pretty frightening if I do say so myself Smile  She won a DQ gift certificate for having the scariest costume.  I was so proud of her!  Lol. 

IMG_3988IMG_3991

Sunday we celebrated Sierra’s birthday.  I cannot believe a whole year has gone by!  And boy what a year it has been!  We stuffed ourselves silly with food and cake.  I felt kind of bad about the cake I made her.  I really couldn’t go all out because all of my cake pans, rolling pin, icing tips, etc are in CT.  So I did  an easy sheet cake.  We did a beach theme for her and all in all, it was a great little party Smile  Sierra didn’t know what to do with her cake.  She kept reaching for it halfway, then pulling her hand back.  It was so funny.  I decided just to start feeding it to her, and she eventually got the hang of it.

IMG_4010IMG_4011IMG_4015IMG_4023IMG_4025IMG_4028IMG_4029IMG_4036

The goods

IMG_4042IMG_4046

On Monday we just hung out at the apt most of the day and then swung by the Anaheim Marketplace.   Wendy got some Mexican Vanilla and a few necklaces, so that was good Smile  Afterwards we got ready to go trick or treating.  Ok, just so you know, I LOVED trick or treating when I was a kid.  Loved it.  We would go for hours getting so much candy we could barely carry it.  I’m still pretty intense when it comes to getting candy with my kids.  I love just going door to door with them.  Well, since we are in an apt complex, we couldn’t go door to door, and I sure as heck was not going to some random neighborhood.  So I guess the malls pass out candy.  Lame-o, I know.  The closest mall to us was going to give out candy from 4 to 7.  We got there at like 5:30, and 90% of the stores had run out of candy.  It was pathetic.  I mean first of all, Im taking my kid trick or treating at a mall.  No offense to those of who do that, it was just so weird to me and it didn’t feel like Halloween at all.  But Kylie didn’t mind, and its not like she needs all that candy anyway, because I would have more than likely eaten most of it.  Anyway, the night got better after we went back to the apt, had home made chili and apple pie floats (amazing by the way, look it up at www.ourbestbites.com) and then watched Psycho. 

Here are a few pics from that night.

IMG_4050IMG_4058

Our little kitty cat.  She kept on that make-up the whole time we were at the mall, but 30 seconds before I took the camera out to snap a pic, she had smeared it all over her face.  Little booger…

IMG_4063

The next day, Howard and Wendy had an early flight back to Utah.  It was so hard to say goodbye.  I miss you guys so much and thanks again for making Sierra’s birthday so special for us!

3 comments:

Dane and Denise said...

wowsa! how fun! I love california...you guys are lucky to be there. Happy Birthday to Sierra, you know I didn't realize that her birthday was really close to Jada's. I can't believe a year has flown by! wish you guys lived closer. miss you linley!

Heather said...

Love those birthday pictures!!
I think it's weird that people go to malls to trick or treat. By no means am I a fan of that stupid holiday but still. it's tradition to go around your neighborhood!!
Glad you enjoyed your in laws visit!!

Wendy said...

It's probably good that I didn't see this post until today, Linley. I would have shorted out my computer from flooding it with tears. That was such a GREAT trip! We loved every minute and you are the perfect hostess. The only thing wrong with the whole trip was that it went by too fast. know it wasn't even two months ago, but it seems like ancient history! We miss you SO much. Just know you are all loved immensely!