Saturday, June 2, 2012

Boston 04.05.12

Boston, Boston, Boston….  My goodness, we did not get along did we now :)  That trip was kind of rough for me.  Don’t get me wrong, it was pretty fun, but there were so many things that ticked me off about that trip.  I must have been PMSing.  For one thing, it was really cold that day.  Then there was the fact that the street signs and google maps did not coincide with each other most of the time.  So we were constantly taking the wrong roads or exits and it just seemed to take forever to get anywhere.  Plus I think I tried to cram too much all in one day that I got kind of disappointed when I didn’t see everything that I wanted.  But alas, it is only 2 hours away, so I told Austin we HAVE to go again.  Anyhoo, here are some pics from our day.

The ever famous Fenway Park.  I would LOVE to catch a game there sometime.

IMG_4976

Here we are at the Boston Public Gardens.  Has anyone read the book, “Make Way for Duckling,” by Robert McCloskey?  Austin got it for Kylie several years ago when he came on a business trip to Boston.  It’s this cute little story about a duck’s family that makes its home in the Boston Public Gardens.  Apparently its a very famous book and many people go here just to see where the ducks made their home.  Here are some statues of the ducklings that all the kids just have to sit on :)  Here’s Kylie popping a squat on one. 

IMG_4980 

That little island is where the ducks make their home.

 IMG_4985 IMG_4992

“Sometimes you want to go, where everybody knows your name..”  Here is the bar that inspired the show.

IMG_4997

One of the more fun parts of our day was taking a duck boat tour.  You get in this amphibious boat that takes you around the city and then down into the Charles River.  It was really fun.  I'm not sure why we didn’t take a picture, but here is one I got off the internet and it looks just like the one we were one.

images

While on the tour, we got to hear a lot about the history of the town and we saw some really interesting buildings.  After taking pics of many of the buildings, Austin said, “You are never going to remember the names of these.”  I said, “You want to bet?”  Yeah, well, he was right.  I have no idea what this building is, but it was pretty :)

IMG_5010

Here is the State House.

IMG_5012 

IMG_5024

“Listen my children and you shall hear
Of the midnight ride of Paul Revere,
On the eighteenth of April, in Seventy-five;
Hardly a man is now alive
Who remembers that famous day and year.”

Did anyone else have to memorize that poem in high school? Well I did.  Man was it awesome to see the place that Henry Wadsworth Longfellow so eloquently wrote about in his poem.  Here is Paul Revere with the North church in the background.  There was such a wonderful spirit here and I must say, this was my favorite spot.

IMG_5032

Another picture of North Church

IMG_5034

Boston at night.

IMG_5053

No comments: