Friday, June 27, 2008

Day 2

Day 2 began with a stop at the Empire State Building. What an impressive sight when you get to the top! It was mind boggling to see the hundreds of buildings all piled in next to each other. The only green you could see was from the various parks around the city. I felt like I could be up there for an hour and still not be able to take everything in. After we got done there we headed over to Macy's. I had no intention of buying anything, seeing as everything costs an arm and a leg, but it was still fun to just walk around for a bit inside. Our next stop was Times Square. Wow, what a crazy place! I can only imagine what it's like on New Years Eve. Later on that night we saw a like 3 blocks blocked off for a yoga class they were having in the street. There are so many flashing lights and billboards and shops...almost too much to take in. We then headed to Central Park. Can I just say it was so nice to see some grass! That park is so awesome and it would literally take you a day to walk around and see everything that they have inside the park. We saw Shakespeare Garden, Belvedere Castle (basically just built to overlook the park), Bethesda Fountain (sits in the heart of the park), Strawberry Fields where there is a monument to John Lennon and everyone in Strawberry Fields sells pics of him and sings Beatle songs, The Mall (incredibly awesome walk with the trees overlapping each other), and the Great Lawn. There were still several things that we wanted to see, but we just didn't have the time. After that we walked back to Madison Square Garden to catch the train. It was a LONG day full of nonstop walking, but it was probably my favorite day while we were there :)






2 comments:

Tiffini said...

Looks like a lot of fun!

Shelley Family said...

It looks like you guys had a great trip! I am so jealous, I love NYC. I am so glad you got to go. And I really want to come to the little party so just give me your address sometime before then :)