Thursday, June 19, 2008

What a Day!!!!

I don't think Austin and I really knew what we were getting ourselves into. As I write this we are going through the Holland Tunnel in Manhattan. Before I go any further, I must note that we got to the SLC airport on time this morning, only to find as we got off the shuttle bus that took us to the airport that we had left the camera bag IN THE CAR!!! We had only 30 minutes to check in, go through security, and get to our terminal. Nothing like going someplace like NYC for the first time and forgetting your new camera. Anyway, we decided that we would just go to Costco and buy another camera for me to use after our trip. Lets just keep on raking the money up!!!! Anyway, back to my story. We flew to the JFK airport and arrived about 3:30. We had to take an air shuttle to get our rental car. After that hooplah, we then turned on our lovely GPS unit and it proceeded to take us through downtown Brooklyn and Manhattan....IT WAS SCARY!!! And let me just say that no one can say Utah drivers are bad (or even Californians) because New York drivers are INSANE!!! They cut you off, don't use turn signals, and just go wherever they want. We saw a motercyclist riding on the sidewalk!!!! Anyway, it took us 2 1/2 hours to go 20 miles. Ahhhhh!!!! Anyway, hopefully we can get to Costco tonight before they close. I need a massage....

4 comments:

Wendy said...

And you thought you were going on vacation!!!?? sorry it was such a hassle, but I guess it makes you appreciate what you have in Utah. I'm so sorry about your cameras, but I'm looking forward to pictures from the new camera (in case you DID make it to Costco). Have a GREAT time. Love you,
Wendy

Tiffini said...

Glad its you not me. Our trip was great hardly any traffic. Hope you have a good time.

Heather said...

oh man that stinks, i can't tell you how many times (while traveling to the san francisco airport) i thought we left something at home. and while new york drivers may be crazy here in kauai, they just drive slow. really slow. sometimes i think that i should try and be that way instead of rushing every where. but man, when your use to going like 50 on a 45, and your going 30....yucko. hope you enjoy your trip, and i can't wait to hear any stories!!

Tiffini said...

dude how was your trip? I want an NYC update!