Monday, June 30, 2008

The rest of our trip

On the last day of our stay in New York city, we went to the Museum of Natural History. There was soooooo much to see in there. After two days of walking everywhere, I found it kind of hard to appreciate what I was seeing. I think I got to the point where I just didn't care because I was so tired. But it was cool to see none the less. My favorite part was the dinosaur exhibit. There were some strange ones! After we were done there, we walked back down Central Park to catch a subway. It started raining pretty hard. That was not fun. I was so thankful that it only rained right before we left NYC. The weather was so great the whole time we were there. It wasn't even humid either! After we got back to our hotel, we headed over to West Hartford, CT. As we were leaving the city, I was pretty sad to go. I had such a fun time there and I hope someday we can go back and see everything again :) I am not sad, though, to leave the thick, smoggy and incredibly stinky air or all the people and their crazy driving.

For the next three days, Austin went to his meeting and Kylie and I hung out at the hotel or we went shopping. We hung out with our friends Amber and Slade and their two cute girls one night. They live in this awesome house right next to this forest. It was awesome. Thanks again you guys for having us over! We also ate at the Cheesecake Factory one night. It was really good. Connecticut is such a beautiful state. Anyway, all in all it was such a great trip! We had to drive back to NY to drop off the car on Wed. and then catch our flight home. It ended up being like a 6 hour flight. Kylie did pretty well though, thank goodness :) So that was our trip!




No comments: