Thursday, November 13, 2008

Another week has almost gone by...

Wow, is it really going to be Friday tomorrow? Crazy. Well I don't have much to say for this week. Wait, yes I do, I want to vent about something. You know the doorbell rang today and I was expecting my friend to come by so I went and answered it (I don't usually answer the door in fear of sales people). Wouldn't you know it, it wasn't my friend it was a DANG SALESMAN!!! Foiled again.... You know, they should be required to knock a special way, that way I would know not to answer it. We don't have a peep hole and when I try to stealthily look through the window they always catch me. Seriously, I hate having to listen to them give their shpeal about "Oh this great new product...blah blah blah, you're husband will love it...blah blah blah. Oh, you want to talk to your husband about it? Oh, I'm sorry but this is your one time chance in eternity to buy this and you will have no other way to contact us..." Ok then, good riddance! This one fruity lady came by one time and tried to sell me this miracle cleaner that would clean ANYTHING off and she said it would save me all this money. She then proceeded to whip out this overview of how much money I spend on cleaners a year...Yeah it equaled to be like $200. $200 on cleaners! Good grief, I think I might buy one thing of toilet bowl cleaner and some 409 and thats it. $200, is she crazy! Does she think I deep clean my house every day??? Anyway, she then told me that it was made from these safe chemicals and if I drank it it wouldn't harm me. Ummm who thinks about drinking cleaner??! Anyway, she then proceeded to take the top off the bottle and lick the tube that was attached to the spray bottle. Umm yeah, didn't need to see a demonstration, I believe you!!! Ahhh whatever. You know, the other thing I don't like about them coming door to door is I always wonder if they are going to come back later and egg my house or set a bag of flaming poo on my porch because I wouldn't buy anything. So far no eggs or poo but I'm sure I'll get it some day....

Ok, wow, did I just right all that? Must be in a writing mood. Well, here is a collage of some cute pics of Kylie over the last 16 months. She is growing up WAYYY too fast. Anyhoo, I hope you all enjoy this somewhat nice weather out and enjoy your weekend!

Home-Refinishing Dressers 2007_04_14

2 comments:

Heather said...

cute collage. that story about the sales people is funny. i don't answer the door either. and our peep hole is all scratched from when the painters were here, so when you do look through it, it's like all cracked and you can't even tell if it's a man or a woman. so i just don't answer it. i figure is it's someone i know, they'll call and ask why i'm not opening the door.
those cupcakes are 3.25/ea and we bought a box of 6 for $20. and they are rich, and totally worth it. well the spice ones are at least.

Semi Granola Mom said...

Seriously, I hate when they give you the ulitmatium. If it's a product where I can contact you later, then I might be interested, if it is something I can only buy right this minute? then it is a no go. That is my rule of thumb ;)

Have fun in Illinois, when are you guys coming back?
~C