Monday, November 3, 2008

Happy Halloween!

I hope everyone had an awesome Halloween this year. I will be excited next year when we can finally take Kylie. This year she is still too young and I didn't want to feel completely retarded like last year when we took her treat or treating (granted she was 3 months old) and the parents at the door gave us the weirdest looks like, "Oh, the BABY wants some candy huh?" Of course we took her last year so we could get some free candy, but I didn't know the experience would make me feel so stupid! So anyway, Kylie didn't go door to door this year, but we still had a fun Halloween. We went up to Austin's mom and dad's house and had chili, donuts, caramel apples, and cider. We passed out candy to the trick or treaters. Austin had fun showing off his pumpkin he made for his work party. It turned out really cool and he won movie tickets because it was so awesome :) He had it all rigged up so that when you would push a button the lights and music would come on or the dracula guy would start spinning. It was great. Kylie enjoyed eating Grandma's candy and running around in her cute little lady bug outfits. Yes, I said outfits. My mom and sister bought her one too (not knowing that I had already bought one). So she had two adorable outfits to parade around in that night :) All in all it was a really fun night.

Austin's pumpkin

IMG_8901

IMG_8903

Kylie freaking out at Austin's work party. She didn't like everyone in their Halloween outfits! As you can see, she's trying to crawl up me and claw at my face...

IMG_8909

IMG_8941

This is where Kylie was most of the night...

IMG_8944

IMG_8945

IMG_8947

IMG_8948

IMG_8949

Outfit my mom and sister got her

IMG_8952

IMG_8955

IMG_8958

IMG_8960

IMG_8965

IMG_8968

IMG_8967

9 comments:

Heather said...

i love the ladybug costumes!! she's such a cutie.
yeah it is crazy that a year ago andrew was born. i told matthew that at this time last year i was in the hospital miserable from the horrible contractions and having fentonyl (spelling?) coursing through my veins (oh what a feeling).

The Oborn Family said...

Cutest Ladybug EVER - is that her walking I saw in a pic. Why are our kids growing so fast??? I want to come to your book pary . . . isn't that this week . . but we have been sick so we shall see.

Jenelle said...

Thanks for the Christmas music radio station! Kylie looks adorable!

The Bradys said...

Kylie is a super cute ladybug! I know what you mean about taking a baby trick-or-treating - we felt so stupid doing it last year because we got those same looks from people (Hailey was 13 months). This was the first year we were able to take her and not feel dumb. . .although we've still eaten most of the candy ourselves:).

Kalli said...

she is soo cute I love that last picture with her and Wendy her smile is sooo cute...glad you had a good Halloween though I guess I am a bad mom but I let Kai have some treats and he loved it!

Tiffini said...

She has gotten so big!!

THE FAMILY OF OAK said...

hey! I may not be able to make it to the party, but can i order books anyway?

THE FAMILY OF OAK said...

Thanks linley. I made a little order. I would love to buy more, but right now money is kind of tight, but hopefully that will help you out a little bit:) Thanks for letting me know about it!!!

Whitaker Family said...

Your right! She is getting so big! I love the little lady bug costume. Funny pumpkins too :).