Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Jam Packed Weekend

We did a lot of fun things this past weekend.  To start it all off, we went on the Heber Creeper through Provo's Haunted Canyon...ooohhh scarrrryyy.  Ok, not really, but I still had fun!  Damian and Jenelle were ever so kind as to stay at the house with Kylie while Austin and I and my best pal Marie and her husband Ryan went with us.  We sat in the open part of the train and snuggled under blankets and drank hot chocolate while being told ghost stories.  I screamed a couple of times - not because of the stories but because they would suddenly slam on the brakes and the train would rock your head off.  They also had actors come onto the train portraying the stories that were being told.  This one story was about a girl who fell into a well.  So at one point the girl came on the train and looked at me and asked if I would help her out of the well.  I told her no and she then proceeded to scream in my face about how mean I was.  That was a little over dramatic as well as ear splitting, but other than that it was really fun :)  Here are some pics from that night:

Picture 025

Picture 028

Picture 027

On Saturday, Austin's mom and dad invited us to go with them to Park City.  That was so much fun.  I forgot how much I love those outlet malls.  One store that I swear I better never go back alone in for fear of buying everything in it was Carters.  We got Kylie a bunch of outfits for Christmas as well as a cute snowsuit.  I'm telling ya, it's a good thing Austin was there with me or we wouldn't be able to buy groceries this week...

On Monday Austin took the day off of work and we headed up to the Hogle Zoo.  What a fun place to go - especially in October because there is hardly anyone there :)  Kylie had a blast and Austin and I had fun seeing all the animals.  It was such a beautiful day out too.  Here are a few (ok, I say a few, but really there's a lot) of pictures from the zoo:

IMG_8621

IMG_8623

IMG_8625

IMG_8629

IMG_8634

IMG_8643

IMG_8668

IMG_8677 

IMG_8681

IMG_8729

IMG_8739

IMG_8788

IMG_8813

After the zoo we headed to the SLC cemetery to visit President HinckleyIMG_8835's grave site.  There was such a peaceful feeling there.  We also found several of the past prophets who were buried there.  I had no idea that 11 of the 15 prophets were buried at that cemetery.  Anyway, it was a great experience.

So there you have it :)  I am so looking forward to Halloween.  I will be sure to post pics of Kylie in her lady bug outfit.  Until next time...

5 comments:

Heather said...

you took some really cool pictures of the animals.
ok, i laughed out loud when you said that you screamed not because that it was scary but because they slammed on the brakes. i imagined you doing "that yell".
ugh, better go, i thought andrew would stay asleep but he's not. have a great weekend!!
and yes, carters is dangerous. so is gymboree. that's a new one for us, ever since we went to the one in provo

Jenelle said...

That girl in the well screamed at me too. And I didn't know there was a zoo here! You'll have to let me know where it is- I love zoos. And I KNEW Kylie was going to be a Lady Bug for Halloween!
Oh- I have those coupons for ya- I'll bring them by sometime!

Anonymous said...

I cant believe that girl screamed in your face, just because you wouldent help here out of a stupid well!
And when I saw that ladybug costume at the store, I just knew you would like it. And I hope you do like it.

Janie said...

I'm not surprised you wouldn't help the not-dead actress who wasn't really in a well, out of the well. Oh well.

Shelly said...

Great pictures from the zoo. FYI I love park city. We should plan a girls day up there.