Monday, October 20, 2008

Whoa Momma

So this past Saturday I decided that I was going to pick the rest of the tomatoes on my tomato plants and then throw away the plants.  I had been putting sheets over them every night for the past week in hopes that the frost wouldn't get to them and maybe a few more would ripen.  Anyway, after I got done picking them I counted them up....214!  And there were still probably 40 more really little ones that I threw away.  So they are in a cardboard box and hopefully most will turn red and I can either can them or make salsa.  Anyway, I just thought it was crazy how many I had left.

IMG_8601

Oh, before I forget, I have a baking question.  So ever since I moved out West, I cannot get cookies to come out right.  I know it has to do with the elevation and needing to put more flour in, but for those of you who have lived out here all your life, is there a certain amount I'm suppose to put in?  Every time I make cookies it looks like I cut off the bottoms.  Anyway, just thought there might be some sort of trick to making them look decent.  Please let me know!

6 comments:

THE FAMILY OF OAK said...

Linley, I don't know about cookies, but most cake recipes and muffins from a box there is a thing that says how much extra to put in? Maybe read a box and get an idea for your cookies? The oven at our house now is terrible and nothing works in it...so I really am no help! THANK YOU so much for the cute clothes!!! I will blog them proably tonight, just wanted to let you know I loved them. So does Karl lol.

Anonymous said...

Well, you sure got enough to make ALOT of ketchup.And sorry, I dont bake so I dont have any tips:(

Jenelle said...

How much flour do you put in and how fluffy do you want those cookies to be? Maybe we should get together, I've been high-elevation baking my whole life and had the oposite problem when I lived in Seattle a few years ago.

Jenelle said...

The Heber Creeper train was $9 a person, we went on the late ride at 9:30 because it is a bit cheaper, and we had $5 off coupons from those community calendars that turn up every now and then. (The $9 was after all that!) It was fun if you're into that, but Kylie might cry... all the little kids did. But we could watch her if you want to go! We should make cookies together some time before school starts for me next semester.

Unknown said...

They are really easy to make (no sewing required), I will post directions tonight or tomorrow.

Kalli said...

I have good recipes if you want them I have never had that problem so I am pretty sure if you just follow the receipe they should turn out like you want them to just let me know if you want them :) and good on you getting all those tomatos picked hope they all ripen