Sunday, October 12, 2008

Ramble

Well I have a lot to say, but it's not all related to each other, so I just thought I would just ramble about it all :) Well, first order of business is that a lot of my flowers died last night. Can I just say I want to curse this weather! I am sooo incredibly sad. But I knew it would come before long. Also, I still have around hundred tomatoes that are still green and I read that I can pick them off, layer them in a box and stick a banana in it to speed up the ripening process. Has anyone heard of this and if so, does it work?! I will be really bummed if all those tomatoes go to waste. I've been putting a sheet on top of them at night in hopes that will ward off frost getting to them. It's tragic...

So I've been working on my homemaking skills. I started making bows for Kylie last week. It's SOOO much cheaper then buying them and I get a sense of accomplishment when they are done and looking so cute in Kylie's hair. She will actually leave them in . It's quite amazing. Anyway, here are some pics of the bows.

IMG_8468

IMG_8471

IMG_8505

IMG_8510

IMG_8511

IMG_8512

Here are the two websites that I used to make them. I really like these because I am a visual learner and they give step by step instructions with pictures. It's awesome.

http://www.save-on-crafts.com/howtomakebows.html

http://bowdesigns.50webs.com/cover_alligator_clips.html

If anyone else knows of some websites like these, I would love to know!

Next item of business. I want to talk about good books. I just got done goosegirlreading the Goose Girl, by Shannon Hale. It was such a good book, and I am excited to read the next two in the series, Enna Burning and Princess Academy. My friend Liza told me about these books and they are really good :) So I was just wondering if anyone had some good recommendations on books they have read and found to be really good. My favorites so far have been (of course) all the Twilight books and the other book by Stephanie Myer called The Host. I enjoyed the Septimus Heap series, and the Fablehaven books. Anyway, I am soo open to ideas on what is good. So please let me know what books you have found to be good as well :)

Well my husbands glorious day arrived last week when he got his Vantage System. For those of you who don't know, Austin works for a company called Vantage and they do home lighting and automation. What does that mean you ask? Well, have you ever seen the movie Hitch? Well in that movie it shows Hitch's apt. and he has this control box thingy that controls all his lights and music and what not. Well that's what this company does. We don't have the hand held control panel, but we installed the face plates in the walls that when you push the button, the lights will go on, they can fade up slowly, etc. You can also control it from your computer. So say we are at his parents house and we left the furnace off. Well we can just get on the computer and turn the heat on! Pretty much we have this system that I would make fun of other rich people who had it because I would think to myself, "What the heck is wrong with a switch!" But I must say that I am getting more excited about it as the days go by. Anyway, here are a few pics of the light switches.

IMG_8499

IMG_8501

So there you have it :) It's pretty cool. Don't be jealous guys. JK.

Another item of business that I want to talk about it recipes. I will, at some point, be putting a link to all these recipe blogs that I have found. I've been making a new meal every night from these blogs, and the majority of them are pretty dang good. There were a few that I made that seriously I wanted to vomit, but everyone has their different tastes :( Since it is Halloween, I was wondering if anyone had some good pumpkin recipes. I already have a good one for pumpkin bars and pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. Just wondered if anyone had one that they really loved.

Well, most of you are probably all asleep or decided you didn't want to read this novel, so I guess I will go. Until next time when I decide to ramble...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is crazy that you would of had to pay $16,000 for a security system , Glad you got it for free.And those bows are really cute. Some good books I recommend are Rebecca Cottle books. But I am 11 years old and they are about 2 to 3 hundred pages long. But I like them. But I also know that you read like 8 hundred pages.

Marie said...

Linley! Those bows are soooo cute! I am really happy for you being able to make things like that for your little girl. Maybe you can make some for me soon! :)

And we should get together really soon and make some yummy stuff, so let me know when.

My phone has been a little faulty lately. So if you cant get me on that then you could email me.

Have a good day!!!

Shelly said...

Those bows turned out very cute. Too bad most of girls won't wear bows anymore. I love the age that Kylie is at.

Vee said...

Those bows are adorable! Where did you find the clips. I'm always looking for alligator clips for Bug, but I can never find them. And I loved Princess Academy. She is a wonderful author! I also enjoyed the Jane Austin novels. I wasn't sure about it at first but I really got into it. Have fun.

Jenelle said...

Brenna, no one would guess that you are eleven because you are so hilarious- it proves that eleven year olds can be hilarious if they are clever enough.
I reccommend "The Wednesday Letters" by Jason Wright. He also has a new one for Christmas too called "Grace". Let me know if you need some Deseret Book coupons Linley, unless you are a library girl :)

Shelley Family said...

Wow, you are so domestic, I love it! Those bows are darling, I will have to try doing that for Brynn. And I hear ya with the whole garden thing... everything in my garden and all of my berry plants are all dead :( I know you can bring green tomatoes in and they will ripen. I have never heard of the box and banana trick though so you'll have to let me know if it works!

Tiffini said...

Yeah where have you found your alligator clips? I've been making my bows for McKenlee for a couple months now but I can't find clips. So I think you should send me out some of those bows for her since yours are so freaking cute!!

Heather said...

cute bows. maybe if i ever get pregnant again i can make some of them. i love the red ones.
those twilight books are good? i keep hearing they are.