Sunday, December 7, 2008

Thanksgiving and a little this and that :)

So Austin, Kylie and I went home to Illinois for a week for Thanksgiving.  I loved the fact that Austin was going to be there the whole time with me.  Plus it made it sooo much easier to handle Kylie on the plane.  She actually did really well this time (of course the time Austin comes she's a little angel) and we were able to have a whole row to ourselves flying out there and back.  I loved seeing my family and watching my two younger brothers continue to surpass me in height.  We brought our Wii out and it was fun to play with everyone.  Even my mom played which was awesome and she totally kicked our trash in bowling :) 

My Grandma Farber had a dinner for us that Sunday and she made my favorite dish of all time... pepper steak.  I am salivating just thinking about it.  We played cards for a little bit too.  I think the picture of Kylie on the little horsey is so cute.  Come to think of it, I used to ride on that thing when I was little.  Thanks Grandma for the awesome food!  Well going home this time was a little different this time because my mom is working now.  I missed you mom during the day!  But it was nice because my dad was always home up until 2:00 in the afternoon so he was able to spend more time with Kylie then he usually gets too.  I'm glad she warmed up to everyone so fast and didn't do her freak out cry fit that she does sometimes when she's around people she doesn't know. 

While at home I was able to spend time with one of my best buds from high school Michelle.  She came over for a little while and it was nice to catch up on things.  Before she left I fed her some crappy disgusting cheesecake that I botched up.  Sorry again Michelle, I swear I can cook!

I went with my mom and sister to see Twilight....I was disappointed you guys.  Don't send me hate mail now that I said that.  I think there was a lot of stuff that they didn't explain fully and of course the book is always going to be better but whatever.  Yes I will buy the movie when it comes out and yes I will go see it again if anyone wants too but I thought it was....just ok :)

Oh goodness, Thanksgiving Day.  My oh my did I eat too much.  We had Thanksgiving at my Grandpa Howard's house in the afternoon (excellent food) and then went to my Aunt Denises house to eat more excellent food.  And I ate and ate and am now reaping the consequences of it.  I even brought my running shoes with me when I went home so I could run throughout the week, but I guess I was being presumptuous.  It was fun to see my cousins and aunts and uncles and just sit around and enjoy each other's company.  We left to go home the next day.  Our flight left at 7:40 in the morning and since our house is 2 hours away from the St. Louis airport, we had to leave at like 4:00 in the morning.  Death....  But  anyway, we had a good time.  I miss you guys!!!!

Once home I dived right into my Christmas decorations and got the house looking festive.  We went and got our tree Tuesday night.  It's short...the shortest tree we have ever bought but it's still cute.  It smells WONDERFUL and I have these candles that smell like the tree too so my house is so nice to be in and smell. :)  Kylie has not once tried to take any ornaments off or smuggle any presents that are under the tree.  She did hide our remote for the TV and I've been tearing the house apart looking for it.  I even went through our trash cans outside...twice!  So for all my neighbors who saw me pawing through the trash, there was a reason!!!

Last night we went to Park City and I didn't find anything I wanted.  Well, I did find these awesome looking brown leather boots that I wanted but they were $55 so I said no thanks.  Does anyone know where I can buy cute boots around here without having to sell my kidney to buy them???  We ate at Ruby Tuesday and I had the best hamburger I have ever eaten in a long time.  Yum.  Then we went to Temple Square to see the lights.  I love looking at the lights.  Even though it's freezing out and there are a trillion people everywhere, I still love it.  It was actually me and Austin's 4 year anniversary of our very first date which was to temple square.  We went to the exact spot that we had our picture taken.  Austin and I had been talking about how different our lives are now from 4 years ago and then he pulls out this ring box and asks me to hold it.  He had bought me a wedding band!  It was sooo beautiful and perfect and I totally love it.  We have talked off and on about getting me a wedding band, but I was kind of against it because some the ones I had tried on previously had blocked the design on my ring ( if that makes sense) and it just made my ring look not very good.  But he picked out the perfect band and I love it!  Thank you honey!!!!

Well, I better go before something happens to this computer and I lose all that I just wrote.  Because believe me I do not want to write this again!!!  I am not having very much luck with computers lately...  Anyway, have a great week everyone!

 

Me and Kylie getting ready to take off!

P1010080

Brenna playing the Wii

P1010083

Dylan and his super cool Wii moves

P1010084

Kylie on Grandmas horsey

P1010088

Playing cards

P1010098

Kylie helping Grandma choose the best one :)

P1010101

Sooo cute...

P1010129

soft_8986

Me and Michelle!

IMG_9022

IMG_9030

IMG_9056

Grandpa Howard, me, Kylie, Dylan, dad

IMG_9064

P1010123

sepia_9072

Kylie feeling Grandpa's scratchy whiskers

IMG_9077

Grandpa Farber (he is just now getting some grey hair!!!)

IMG_9114

Kylie and Grandma Farber

IMG_9125

Our tree before it was decorated

P1010144

Ta Da!

P1010153

Kylie all bundled up to see the lights

IMG_9128

IMG_9129

IMG_9131

IMG_9140

IMG_9150

IMG_9151

My ring with the band

P1010155

IMG_9153

IMG_9158

Austin takes such great pics...

IMG_9161

IMG_9169_2

new_9177

9 comments:

Heather said...

linley, i think your husband is the most romantic thoughtful man. sorry matthew if you read this. what a thoughtful gift.
alright down to business. i'm glad you had fun back at home. i believe we all have good intentions to not eat tons during thanksgiving and it NEVER works. i think i ate my weight in mashed potatoes and gravy.
ok, what camera do you guys have? i told matthew for christmas that i want a better camera and yours seems to take beautiful outside shots (and that's what i want). let me know!! glad you made it home safe and sound.

Anonymous said...

Well yes that was a long post. But a very good one. I'm sorry that the boots cost so much, but at least you got that coat from Jennifer, so at least you got somthing nice.
I love that black and white picture of Kylie in the hat. Mom says she looks like a 40's Hollywood diva. She looks so cute. I have to say that you can get some really good pictures of her. So I better go before I start writing a novel. I hope you are doing well. Mom also says your ring is beautiful.

Thill family said...

Glad you all had a great trip! Sounds like a fun time. That is very romantic, what a great husband you have. Can't wait ot get to temple square with my family but there will probably be no jewelry involved.

THE FAMILY OF OAK said...

I am glad you are back, I have missed your posts:) And your cute pics of Kylie!!! I love the pics of the three of you on temple square, those are going to be so awesome for Kylie when she is older:) Too cute. Great pics and it looks (and sounds) like you had a great time!!!

THE FAMILY OF OAK said...

oh...and good job Austin on the ring it is beautiful!!!

Jenelle said...

Your ring looks great! I wish we could have come out for Thanksgiving- bummer, but I'm glad you guys had fun! Maybe sometime in the future when our souls aren't at the mercy of BYU's schedule we'll all have to go out together!

Kalli said...

wow what a post but I am glad you finally did it I wanted to see pics and hear how your vacation was all in all it looks like you had a good thanksgiving and fun since you got home. i love the new band for your ring bling bling you are spoiled ;) anyways it would be nice to hear from you have a good day!

Tiffini said...

I'm glad that you had a good trip. And great job Austin about the band. Super cute! He kept asking Wendy when should I give it to her when should I give it to her lol. Great idea about temple square. Cute pictures as well.

Shelly said...

I still haven't gone up to Temple Square to see the lights yet this year. Thanks for sharing your pictures. Austin did take some great ones. I am glad you had a good Thanksgiving.