Monday, December 22, 2008

Watching a Winter Wonderland

IMG_9202

Let it snow, let it snow!  This past week has been nothing but nonstop snow.  I’ve been excited to take Kylie outside to play in it, but soon realized that she has no boots :(  So maybe Santa will bring her some. 

I have been sick since yesterday with a full on cold.  I’m going to have rock solid abs with all the sneezing I do all day.  I wish mom’s could have a sick day.  Yesterday though Austin was so attentive and made me breakfast and would just do little things for me during the day.  Thanks Austin, you are the best.  We went over to my brother and wife’s house last night for dinner.  I was starting to feel a little better and I’m glad we went (although if you guys get a cold, I’m so sorry!)  Dinner was awesome and then afterwards they started making sugar cookies.  We had to leave before that because Kylie was tired and getting cranky.  Here are some pics of Damian and Jenelle.

Damian and Jenelles 001

Damian and Jenelles 003

I can’t believe that Christmas is 3 days away.  It just seems like it IMG_9204 was Christmas.  I’m excited for Kylie to open her presents this year.  I have a feeling she will be a little more animated than she was last year.  Last year it was like, “What the heck is going on guys??”  She enjoyed playing with the wrapping paper more than anything.  This year I have felt more like a kid giddy with excitement than I have in a long time.  I remember being little and being so excited Christmas Eve.  My brothers and I would make out this elaborate plan of what we would do that night.  From this time to this time we would play games, then eat snacks, then play another game…I was talking with my brother last night about this and he said I made everyone go downstairs Christmas morning in order of age.  So of course I was first… Yeah, I don’t remember that, but it sounds like me :)  We used to put all our presents in our own little pile and we opened presents by age… thus I always got to go first.  Boy I was a stinker.  Anyway I have been immersing myself with Christmas movies and music.  I have a few songs by Josh Groban and now I am obsessed with getting any and all of his Christmas CD’s.  I feel the spirit so strongly when I listen to him.  Today was a morning full of crying and thanking my Heavenly Father for all I’ve been blessed with.  I watched Mr. Krueger's Christmas and the Nativity.  I love both of those so much.  I have been blessed so much and I just want to thank my friends and family for all that they do for me.  I wouldn’t be where I am in life without them.  I am so thankful for my Savior Jesus Christ and for never giving up on me when there were so many times I would give up on myself.  I have really taken the time to read more about Christ’s birth and to reflect on his life.  This is a wonderful time of the year and I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas :)

IMG_9201

2

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can understand why you would tell everyone what to do. It's a wonderful time of the year and you are so excited to see what you got. I have made a goal to get everyone a Christmas gift. Brandon is the only one I havent given a gift to yet. But I know what I will get him.
I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a happy New year