Monday, June 29, 2009

I’m loving summer :)

Is anyone else loving how it FINALLY feels like summer?  I still can’t believe I have yet to turn on my air conditioner.  Anyway, a few exciting things have been happening.  My best friend Marie, who I have been friends with since I was 5, had her baby boy a few weeks ago.  He is sooo cute!  It makes me really baby hungry to hold him and I love how Kylie is getting less and less jealous of him whenever we go and visit.  We went over last Wednesday and I made my extremely yummy Cafe Rio Pork burritos for Marie, her husband Ryan and her mom Barb.  It was so good to see Barb again.  She lives in Illinois and was able to come out and visit for a while.  I love this first picture of Kylie giving James a fish kiss :)

IMG_1579

I LOVE this picture.  I can’t wait for the day when the baby Austin is holding is actually ours.  Kylie looks so adorable…IMG_1523

Marie, James, and BarbIMG_1546

Ryan, James and Marie IMG_1553 IMG_1568

Last Friday Austin took the day off so we could go see the farm animals at Thanksgiving Point.  They have various animals you can feed and pet and Kylie was in HEAVEN!  Seriously, she loved feeding the goats and horses.  It is so weird to have a horse eat out of your hand.  Needless to say Kylie didn’t mind.  At one point she was feeding a baby calf and it started  eating her dress and hair.  At one point Kylie’s hair was sticking straight up and glistening with cow spit, but she didn’t mind at all! 

IMG_1700

Can we say hilarious looking!

IMG_1606

Kylie loved feeding the goats.  She would say, “Here baby, here baby” while feeding them.

IMG_1618 IMG_1620

IMG_1644

Kylie HAD to be in charge of pushing her stroller around.

IMG_1647

My sweet little princess…

IMG_1690

Last Saturday was my brother and sister in laws birthdays.  My brother is currently in Texas finishing up his tech school for the Air Force.  It was nice to talk to him on the phone and I’m excited that he will be heading out our way next month.  We’ll only get to see him for a few hours, but it’s better than nothing.  Jenelle had a birthday party at her house that night, so we headed over to eat some good food and spend time with family.  Austin caught some great shots of Kylie.  I love tweeking pictures afterwards.  Anyway, this first one is of Kylie helping Jenelle wash off strawberries for the cake.  Later, Jenelle was having Kylie help her put the strawberries on the cake, but Kylie decided that she would rather put her hand in the cake….that was covered in frosting.  Luckily she didn’t do any damage.

IMG_1714

IMG_1707 IMG_1718

She looks kind of sad in this pic, but I think she was just daydreaming of that cake….

IMG_1721 IMG_1727 IMG_1730

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JENELLE!

IMG_1742

I can’t believe that in less than a week it will be the Fourth of July, that a week from tomorrow Kylie will be turning 2, and 1 week from this Friday we will be driving to Banff Canada.  AHHH!  How exciting for me!  I was telling Austin the other day how fast the summer is going by and this year I’m actually looking forward for the summer being over because then it will be closer to September when this whole nightmare of a back situation is finally over with.  I go today to get another X-ray and then on Thursday I find out if the new bone they put over my vertebrae is stable and growing right.  Hopefully it is.  I will be sure to keep everyone updated.  Well, have a great week everyone!  Be safe this weekend!

4 comments:

Heather said...

wow!! she is really growing up fast, kylie is just too cute. i hope your doctors appt goes well and things are healing the way they should be. i've got a dr's appt coming up in a couple of weeks, that i am not really looking forward too.

Shelly said...

I love all the pictures of Kylie. That one of you two at thanksgiving point is really cute too. I am glad you are finally feeling good and I hope you get great news at your doctors appointment. Love ya!

THE FAMILY OF OAK said...

Ok, Kylie is SO stinkin cute. I love the one with her sitting down at the farm. She is so darling:) Have fun in Canada, eh? And yes, it is SO sad that the summer is going so fast.

Shelley Family said...

Love the pictures!! Brynn just loves farm country too. It's a fun place for little kids. I am glad you guys are doing well!!