Saturday, July 4, 2009

Thank heavens!

So this past Thursday I went to see the nurse practitioner to see if my back was healing and in good shape. I won't lie, I was extremely nervous. Not that I've been doing cartwheels around my yard and back flips, but there have been a few times where I've known I have overdone it just because I'm stubborn (who me?) and want to still do things like a normal person. So anyway, the moment of truth arrived and he put up the X-ray from 2 months ago and of the one I had done earlier that week and he replied, "Wow, this looks really good. The bone looks stable and it's quite remarkable at the progress of the bone growth from even 2 months ago." He said a couple of times how impressed he was with how my back looked. You have no idea how happy I was to hear that. These past 3 months have been one long roller coaster of emotions and feelings of inadequacy as a mother. I know I'm being unrealistic but it's hard to not be able to entertain Kylie as I would like. Thank goodness for my sweet neighbors who have been my angels through all of this and have had Kylie come over in the mornings to play with their kids. I cannot wait till October when I come in for what will hopefully be my last appointment and then I'm free! I need to go on a vacation or something to celebrate. I told Austin on Thursday that I wanted to go out to eat to celebrate the good news...instead he bought me an iPod :) Well, that works! I love you Aust!

Well, happy 4th everyone! I am looking forward to the good food, the swimming, and spending time with family. Have fun!

3 comments:

The Bradys said...

So happy to hear your good news! Have a fun 4th!

Heather said...

i'm so happy to hear the news was great!! yeah for linley!!
oh and that comment you made on my blog a few posts ago, the batman toot, yeah i laughed out loud till i cried. thanks!

Jenelle said...

Thats great! All the work is already paying off :)