Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July Weekend

This weekend was so incredibly fun.  On Friday Austin had the day off, so we decided to take a hike to Stewart Falls.  It was such a nice day out and it was good to get the exercise.  This was the first hike I had been on since my surgery, and at the end of the day my back was only a little sore.  That gives me high hopes for Canada :)  Anyway, Kylie was sooo good in her backpack.  She got a little cranky right before we ended up at the falls.  Then when we let her out, she didn’t want to get back in.  She stopped crying when Austin gave her some rocks to play with.  Why even buy her toys, the kid loves rocks!  Here are a few pictures from our hike.

IMG_2033

IMG_2042

IMG_2050

The next day was the 4th of July.  I made a strawberry soda pop cake.  Of course I had to decorate it as a flag :)  We went over to Austin’s mom and dad’s house and swam in their pool and had a great barbeque.  Jordon set up the badminton net and he and Austin played a couple of games.  Of course Kylie wanted to join in the action.  She loved playing with the badminton rackets.  I think her favorite part of the day was swimming.  She is a water baby for sure.  It doesn’t matter how long she stays in it, she screams when you take her out. 

That night we went to Thanksgiving Point to see the fireworks.  They were awesome.  Kylie stayed awake right up until the fireworks went off.  I guess we tired her out.  I was excited to see her reaction this year, but the only one I got was snoring :)  Here are some pictures.

My awesome cake

IMG_2056

Showing a little cheek :)

IMG_2091 sepia IMG_2057 IMG_2081

Here’s Kylie right before she fell over backwards :)

IMG_2098

IMG_2115

IMG_2131 IMG_2151 IMG_2157 IMG_2170

This week is going to be sooo busy.  I hope I can stay sane through all of it.  Kylie’s birthday is tomorrow and I’m a little nervous making her SpongeBob cake.  It’s a lot of pressure!!!  Kylie all of a sudden got sick Saturday night.  She has been sneezing and has a runny nose.  Her eyes look all watery too.  Poor kid.  I hope she gets better before her birthday and before we head to Canada on Friday.  Anyway, I will be posting pics of her birthday this week.  Till then…

3 comments:

Heather said...

LOVE your fireworks pictures. ok, you've settled it, we HAVE to get a better camera.

BRENNA said...

WELL, YOUR FIREWORKS WERE AWESOME. OURS WERE VERY,VERY,VERY SAD.AND THE CLOUD COVER MADE IT EVEN SADDER. GLAD YOU HAD FUN

THE FAMILY OF OAK said...

Ok, Kylie's hair is SOOO cute! I love it. And her little dress is so sweet. I was excited for Max to do sparklers at least...but he fell asleep at like 6:30 lol. yeah no fireworks for him this year!!!! And WOW Wendy looks amazing!!!! I miss her. Happy Birthday Kylie!!!!!!!!!!