Friday, July 31, 2009

07/18

Saturday was our last day to do any hikes before we left Canada.  Austin, Jordan, Ashley, Kylie, and I decided to end our stay by hiking to the Tea House at Lake Louise.  This hike was kind of long, but it was so worth it.  When we got to the end of the hike, there is this Tea House that you can go and order home made bread and drink hot chocolate or tea.  I was really excited to eat there, but was quickly disappointed.  I ordered banana bread and hot chocolate.  The bread was kind of stale and cold and I never got my hot chocolate because they ran out of hot water so they had to boil all their water.  It took so dang long that we just left without the hot chocolate.  Oh well :)  The Tea House sat right by this lake (whose name alludes me right now) that was beautiful.  Austin and I decided to continue going up the mountain to the Little Beehive.  It was a steep hike, but so worth it.  The view was amazing.  I’m so glad we went.

Canada 1011

Canada 1014

Canada 1029

The Tea House

Canada 1032

Canada 1051

The view from the top of Little Bea Hive

Canada 1072

We ended the day by stopping by Banff to do some more shopping.  I of course went back to the Lush store and spent way to much again.  Ooops…  On our way home we saw some deer by the bus stop.  Guess they were waiting for their ride :)

Canada 1081

Here are a couple of panoramas that Austin took that I think are so amazing.

Crowfoot-Bow Stitch

Valley of Ten Peaks Stich

On Sunday we left beautiful Canada.  I really did have an awesome time.  I hope we can go back some day.  We drove to Helena, Montana to spend the night.  Helena is pretty much half way home.  The reason we stayed there is because there is this AMAZING restaurant called the Overland Express.  We all ordered the Prime Rib and my Prime Rib was as big as a cat.  I’m not joking, it was huge.  Of course I ate all of it because it was so dang good.  Let’s just say I was pretty stuffed after that!  The next day we headed home.  We stopped in Rexburg, Id so I could visit BYU-Idaho again (can’t believe it’s been 7 years since I went there) and afterwards we met up with my family in Rigby, ID.  Hopefully sometime soon I can blog about that.  My family came for almost a week!  But anyway, that was my trip to Canada! 

1 comment:

Heather said...

Ew! Prime rib as big as a cat...that's a gross visual, and now that's all i'm ever going to think of when anyone orders it.
once again i am enthralled by your stunning pictures!! really makes me wish matthew and i were out doors people.