Wednesday, August 5, 2009

My family came to visit!

It was so much fun to have my family come to see us for 6 days.  We got back from Canada on Monday July 20th and the next day, my mom flew out to be with the rest of the gang.  Our house was really full, but it was so much fun :)  Wednesday afternoon we had my brother and his wife over for lunch.  I love spending time with my family :)  It was a blast.  That night Austin and I took Brenna, my dad and grandpa shooting.  I think they all had a good time.  I know I did!  I wish I could have gotten a video of Brenna when she went to shoot Austin’s shotgun.  She nearly fell over!  Here are some pics:

Grandpa Howard

IMG_3645 IMG_3641

Grandpa, Dad, and BrennaIMG_3633 IMG_3630 IMG_3629 IMG_3627 IMG_3624 IMG_3618

On Thursday I went shopping with my mom and Brenna.  Brenna got some new clothes for school (she’s in junior high this year!) and I get almost teary eyed thinking about it because I have missed so much of her life.  I would give anything to be able to go shopping with her whenever she wanted and talk about her little boy crushes (Brenna, that better not be for at least 10 more years!) and just being a big sister to her.  I really miss you Brenna! 

That night we all went to see Harry Potter…even my Grandpa went!  He had no idea who Harry Potter was and at the end of the movie he said, “Boy, I’m glad that’s over” but it was so much fun to all go together.  I loved that movie! 

On Friday I decided to get my dad and grandpa and Brenna out of the house and go hiking to Stewart Falls.  I really should have picked an easier hike.  I keep forgetting that the air is a lot thinner out here and I guess I forgot that it really isn’t a easy hike for those who don’t hike very much.  My Grandpa kept asking if we were there yet and at one point I really felt bad for bringing them!  My grandpa had a hard time with it.  I think he did alright getting to the falls, but coming back was a different story.  At least he was in a good mood though.  At one point he sat down to rest and this fly was on his arm and he said, “Get off me fly, I’m’ not dead yet.”  I about peed my pants.  I love my Grandpa :)

When we finally got back to the car, everyone just kind of crashed in the seats.  So much for my idea of a good time!  Jk.

113 104

Oh, and did I forget to mention it was HOT!105 107

Yeah, we made it!!!

118

That night, being the 24th of July, we went to Spanish Forks to see their fireworks.  I have never been to their fireworks before, but they were AMAZING!  Honestly, so much better than Thanksgiving Point’s fireworks on the 4th.  Grandpa stayed at home to sleep, since I had nearly killed him earlier that morning :)  We had a lot of fun….well, except Kylie.  She was absolutely petrified of the fireworks and refused to watch them.  Silly kid.

IMG_3657

IMG_3658

IMG_3659

IMG_3655

My sister is so beautiful!

IMG_3670

IMG_3680

On Saturday we had lunch at Howard and Wendy’s house.  We swam in the pool and just enjoyed relaxing.  Then on Sunday at 5:00 in the morning my family drove back to Illinois :(  I was so sad to see them go.  Kylie kept asking for Brenna for the next couple of days after that.  She missed her Aunt.  Thanks again for coming to see us!  Y’all come back now real soon!

2 comments:

Tiffini said...

I can not believe how much your sister has grown up!!! OH MY GOSH!! And Kylie is so freaking cute. I love her hair. I can't wait until McKinlee gets some lol. Sounds like you guys had a great July.

Heather said...

you guys are just shooting guns into the wilderness? or are you at a range?
your grandpa sounds like a funny man.