Wednesday, August 5, 2009

What a month!

To say that July went by fast is an understatement…it went by warp speed!  We had the 4th of July, then Kylie’s birthday, then we went to Canada, and then my family came to visit.  It was a jam packed month, but one that I would do again in a heartbeat.  I just now downloaded the rest of Austin’s pictures from his camera and my camera, so let’s continue with this overload of pictures :)

Here are a few cute pics of my two favorite people in the world from our Canada trip

025 016

On our way back to Utah, we stopped in Rexburg, ID to visit BYU-Idaho.  I went there from 2000 to 2002.  I absolutely loved it there.  It brought back so many memories.  It has changed  A LOT though.  For instance, the apartment that I lived in the whole time there is now Men’s housing.  Also, the Spori building that burned down years ago was just a construction site the whole time I was there.  Now it’s this beautiful building.  They were remodeling/building more buildings.  I almost didn’t recognize some parts of the campus.  It was soo good to be back though :)

Here is my apt :)  Number 308 on top.  It’s the one with all the paper on the door.

056

070

New Spori building

068

Ok, this was the BEST place for pizza.  It was such a dump when i went there, but the food was amazing.061

Beautiful Rexburg temple.

084 083

We met up with my dad, grandpa, and my sister Brenna at my Great-Aunt Beverly’s house in Rigby, ID.  Its like 15 minutes away from Rexburg, and it was here that I spent a lot of time at when I was in college :)  My Uncle Ray and Aunt Beverly were always kind enough to feed me dinner and let me come over and study if my roommates were being too wild.  We had lunch here before we drove the rest of the way home.

My great Aunts:  Mary, Beverly, and Mary’s granddaughter, Mary-Frances

088

So Kylie has not seen Brenna since last Thanksgiving, but that didn’t stop her from instantly latching on to her from the moment she saw her :)  Brenna was her little buddy.

102

Kylie did not want to feed the horses.100

1 comment:

Heather said...

Thanks for the trip down memory lane. needless to say i haven't been back up there since (well it's true) getting kicked out. but ahh memories. i told matthew my biggest regret in life was not taking school seriously. oh well, it's all in the past. i look forward to seeing more canada pictures. makes me want to tell matthew we need to go. do you need a passport?