Monday, July 14, 2008

Kylie's Birthday Party 07/12/08

We had Kylie's birthday party this past Saturday at our house. A lot of our friends and family were there to celebrate Kylie's special day. Thanks to all who came, we really appreciated it :) Getting ready for the party was quite stressful for me. We had been gone all day at the lake (our neighbors let us borrow their wave runners) and we didn't get back until 3:30. The party started at 6:00 and I still had to take a shower and frost the cake and cupcakes. Austin had to go to the store and pick up more icing and balloons, so I was left at the house frosting the ugliest cupcakes you have ever seen. Ok, so maybe they weren't that bad, but Martha Stewart made it look a lot easier to make! What you do is cut off the tops of the cupcake and then cut that in half and put them back on the cupcake, off setting it a little bit so they look like wings. Then you use a gumdrop for the head and then licorice for the antennas. Yeah, the licorice I bought did not work, so I had to use tooth pics instead. Anyway, I finished those and then frosted her ladybug cake. I thought it turned out pretty decent looking ;) Kylie did not have her afternoon nap that day so she was CRANKY! Every time I put her down or gave her to someone else she screamed her head off. She didn't calm down until we fed her her cake :) Austin made some killer hamburgers and it was just a fun night. It was nice to see everyone again! Kylie scored big time with the presents. Everyone was so generous and she ended up with a lot of clothes and toys. She LOVES her new toys and I love them too because she will sit and play with them instead of following me around like a puppy. I think Kylie's favorite present was the tissue paper. She laughed and laughed when playing with that stuff! Anyway, it was a great night and Kylie had a blast. Here are a few of the pics from the party. My brother Damian and his fiance did an awesome job at taking pictures. Thanks you two!






















3 comments:

Tiffini said...

Dude she cleaned house!! I wish I got that many presents for my birthday!!! She of course looked cute and I think her cake was so adorable. Wish we could've been there.

THE FAMILY OF OAK said...

Kylie was so cute on her birthday with her presents and the cake:) It was nice to see you guys again and your family. You will have to post pics with all of her cute new clothes on!!!!

brooke said...

I am soo Sad we missed it! She is so cute and I can't believe its already been a whole year!