Thursday, July 24, 2008

Spanish Moss Cave

Austin has become quite the caver, and this past Saturday I was able to experience one of the coolest caves I have ever seen. It's called Spanish Moss and it is located in Rock Canyon. The walk up there was fine, until we had to get off the main trail and hike UP the mountain. Let me tell you, that was not fun :) After about 15 minutes we got to the entrance of the cave. Jordan and Ashley went with us and we all went down one after the other. My favorite part was when I had to repel about 60 feet into the main part of the cave. It was soo cool! There were a lot of awesome stalactites and stalagmites. We probably spent a few hours down there. Austin took like 200 pictures :) That boy loves his camera. Anyway, here are a few pics from our escapade.

The steep hike up





I love this picture


Yahoo!


Austin will probably kill me for putting this on here....



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a lot of fun sweetheart! I love doing those kinds of things with you!

See ya,

Aust

Shelly said...

You are soooooo brave. I am glad you took pictures because it was neat to see but I would be so scared. #1 heights, #2 claustrophobic, and #3 terrified that some animal would eat me. I am not the bravest person in the world as you can see.