Friday, September 19, 2008

The Beautiful Uintas

Yesterday Austin took a day off of work and we headed up to the Uintas.  Oh my gosh, such a beautiful place.  It was such a great day and we thought it might rain on us, but it just thundered and then 5 minutes later as we were leaving to go home it started pouring.  I am so grateful that we were able to have some nice weather as we enjoyed our hike.  We walked for about 5 miles and we saw probably 15 lakes.  It was incredible.  We saw a few wildlife too.  My favorite was this woodpecker.  He let us get REALLY close to him as he was banging his poor little head against a tree (seriously, can we say headache!).  He was a cute little feller.  We saw a deer too, but we scared it away.  Kylie was such a good hiker.  She loved jabbering the whole time and patting Austin on the arm every once in a while :)  Austin turned around one time and I don't know where she had gotten it, but she had this huge piece of grass sticking out of her mouth.  That kid...We couldn't have asked for a better day. 

 

IMG_8117

IMG_8137

IMG_8159

IMG_8163

Looks like I stuck my finger in a light socket

IMG_8167

IMG_8169

IMG_8188

IMG_8189

IMG_8207

IMG_8209

IMG_8223

IMG_8231

IMG_8281

IMG_8282

Kylie and her grass :)

IMG_8291

3 comments:

Semi Granola Mom said...

Crazy! We did the same thing with Jasmin, and she wasn't even one yet, we hiked Timp. The sacrafices Daddy's make to keep it a family thing huh :)
~C

Marie said...

So beautiful! I am really happy you had fun! I love your pictures!

Shelly said...

I love being out doors but I still don't think I could do the caves. I love four wheeling and looking at scenery that way. Am I lazy or what? I love the picture of Kylie and the grass in her mouth.