Monday, September 22, 2008

Goodbye rock pile...I always hated you

On Saturday my friend Stephanie and her husband Doug came over to do us a HUGE favor....they helped us get rid of our rock pile!!!!  So after we moved into our house a year and a half ago, all these rocks were in our yard (and then some) as we were digging it up to put our sprinkler system in.  So they've just been sitting there and sitting there until one glorious day when Doug said he would help us get rid of it.  Thanks sooo much you guys!  I should have taken a picture of all the rocks that were in Doug's trailer, because it was unbelievable.   I guess when they went to dump it, the trailer wouldn't even lift up.  They finally got it to lift, but it took some effort.  Austin and Doug figured there were about 6 tons of rocks.  Anyway, after we filled in the hole it made, I was amazed at how much of my lawn it had taken up.  So now we were going to put some grass in and it's going to look wonderful!

Before

Picture 001

After

Picture 005

 

Sorry if that bored you.  I am just so excited to finally have grass there.  Here are some pictures of Kylie to wake you up in case you fell asleep...

Picture 010

Picture 012

Picture 014

That kid loves brushing her teeth :)

2 comments:

Tiffini said...

Wow that is a crazy amount of rocks. I guess I never realized how big the pile was. Glad you get some pretty grass soon!!

Shelly said...

I never noticed the rocks but it looks great without them. Your yard always looks so nice. I have given up on mine lately. Maybe we will do a good fall cleanup.