Monday, September 8, 2008

I've put this off long enough...

Sorry it's taken so long to post anything. For some reason I always dread updating my blog after I haven't done it for a while. I feel like I end up spending over an hour trying to catch everyone up on things. So sorry for the delay :)

So I was in Illinois for 2 weeks visiting my family and also going to my brother's wedding. He got married in the Nauvoo Temple on August 22nd. It was so awesome to be back in the temple with my family. It was also a special time for me and Austin because we were able to look back and remember our wedding day and the promises that we made to each other. It was VERY hot that day. It's funny because I expected to come home to over 100 degree weather and have to deal with the blasted humidity, but it was soo nice at home - except for like the wedding day and a few days after. We thought it was going to rain that day, but it ended up being really nice. Jenelle looked beautiful and I think Austin took some AMAZING pictures.

The first picture on my post is of little Kylie bug after she whacked her head on my bed. It made the hugest goose egg and I was certain it would look horrible for the wedding. But it ended up healing really fast. Kylie was such a good girl on this trip. My family had a lot of fun entertaining her (and I enjoyed the break). I really wish we lived closer. My brother Shane got to come home for the wedding. It's a rare occasion when the whole family gets together. I really miss you guys!

It was a lot of fun to hang out with my little sister. We went bike riding and we rented girly movies. My mom and dad and two brothers and sister went to Six Flags in St. Louis. It rained like the first hour we were there. Luckily we were in the water park. There were not a lot of people there that day, so we didn't have to wait in long lines. I must be getting old like my dad because all the rides gave me a headache (its kind of an inside joke with my siblings because my dad would hardly go on any of the rides because it gave him a headache...or sometimes he hadn't even rode the ride before but he said it would give him a headache) :) Love ya dad! All in all it was a great trip.

Oh, and before I forget...KYLIE IS WALKING!!! She has finally decided she can get around faster if she walks. She's also getting her 6th tooth (a molar) and has started to mimic me on various things (last week I was cleaning the bathroom and she picked up a rag and started wiping down the door). I love that kid so much.

I hope you all enjoy the last few weeks of summer. I can't believe how fast it has flown by. Hope you all have a good week!

Kylie with her bump on her head

My brother Shane
The two love birds, Jenelle and Damian






My brothers and sister: me, Brenna, Shane, Brandon, Dylan, and Damian

2 comments:

Heather said...

goose eggs and babies. they must go hand in hand. andrew got this bump kinda on the front of his forehead, i told my mom it was a devils horn trying to sprout. he whacked his head on the underside of the recliner. and like 15 minutes later was swinging around this plug thing (that you plus his swing into the wall with), and the prongs caught him right on the head. and then it looked like a vampire had bit his head. poor baby. i think that night was a rough on him.
kylie looks so cute in that white dress for your brother's wedding. oh girls.....
i forgot to ask, your a fellow shopping addict, are there any stores that are a must that i go to? i actually want to go to down east basics, and i saw they have one in provo, but is one better then the other? and what time do you want us to come to dinner?

Shelly said...

I am glad to see you back into the blogger world. I liked seeing a picture of your family from the " NORTHEAST SIDE". I am glad you got to go to see them. We sure missed you and Kylie in Primary though.